spc
Search similar:

uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

[Internet] 250/20 Seeing alot of disconnects from wow

So I am seeing alot of disconnects during primetime on World of warcraft, Using vanilla Client No addons Seems like i experience disconnects Quite frequently during primetime But other things seem fine and i can immediately reconnect but its making raiding very difficult.

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

mtr to server's ip while playing the game, see where it times out or even better, try ping plotter and see whats up?
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Its the CGN3 problem.. I switched it into bridge mode Connected a router i had kicking about and not 1 D/c all night.

Damn rogers failware firmware.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by morisato:

Its the CGN3 problem.. I switched it into bridge mode Connected a router i had kicking about and not 1 D/c all night.

Damn rogers failware firmware.

A friend of mine has the CGN3 in routed mode as well and is using it with a PS4. PS4 is in the DMZ. He still regularly has NAT issues in party groups (PSN informs he party that certain people may not be able to communicate with him has he has NAT issues).

CGN3 in router mode seems to have legion issues holding ports open, be them hole punched or opened with UPnP.

Basically, bridge that turkey and get your own router.

Even just from a security point of view...
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

I had an Old router That I just had to Hookup, Shame Losing the AC but it only affected wireless users in my home and i stick to Wired so no problems for me Though i did have to flash to a stock firmware since ddwrt doesn;t run at full speeds, stock however manages it fine p:)

all My problems instantly went poof Clearly The CGN3AC-r Is a total waste as a routing device.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by morisato:

all My problems instantly went poof Clearly The CGN3AC-r Is a total waste as a routing device.

As are most Big ISP all in one units. I can't remember one from Bell or Rogers that didn't have some major flaws or deficiency in routed mode going from firmware to firmware versions...
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

said by HiVolt:

said by morisato:

As are most Big ISP all in one units. I can't remember one from Bell or Rogers that didn't have some major flaws or deficiency in routed mode going from firmware to firmware versions...

Almost sounds like you excuse them because its the norm for them to suck? - while i agree most do suck balls in someway or another this one is quite the gem inthat it Consistently disconnects online gaming rofl. As if its some form of F you to those folks who made rogers fess up to the wow mess ;( heh

ipv6movement
@pppoe.ca

ipv6movement

Anon

said by morisato:

Almost sounds like you excuse them because its the norm for them to suck? - while i agree most do suck balls in someway or another this one is quite the gem inthat it Consistently disconnects online gaming rofl. As if its some form of F you to those folks who made rogers fess up to the wow mess ;( heh

Definitely not excusing them. But it is what it is. The incumbent carriers with few exceptions really don't seem to care enough to put out half decent CPE.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

It'd be ok with the all in one units sucking in one way or another, the general sheeple can use them and call tech support for the issues...

But they all stopped providing just modem only devices as an option for the user who wants more control and stability.

They ISP's don't want to give up the control of being able to manage your router though. Thats another problem.
wayner92
join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON

wayner92

said by HiVolt:

They ISP's don't want to give up the control of being able to manage your router though. Thats another problem.

But then why do they allow you to put the device into bridge mode. If they were really strict about this they could disable that feature in the firmware.