Search similar:

uniqs

keyboard5684
Sam
join:2001-08-01
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

keyboard5684

Cop charged with murder after shooting unarmed man in the back.

»www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/u ··· -murder/

Officer shoots unarmed man in the back as he was running away.

He initially said he was in fear of his life, the man went for his tazer/weapon.
If it was not caught on video, this officer would probably have walked.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Charged with murder, and actually convicted and getting a heavy sentence are completely different things. As we've seen countless times before, the cops who are bullies and abuse their power, don't pay the full price they should.

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium Member
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

KoolMoe to keyboard5684

Premium Member

to keyboard5684
There may be parts of the entire incident not caught on video.
But I have trouble understanding how anyone can be in fear of their life when an unarmed man is running away from them.
40757180 (banned)
join:2009-11-01

1 recommendation

40757180 (banned) to keyboard5684

to keyboard5684
Not only should he be convicted of murder but it should be come with special circumstance of murder under color of authority. That should either result in life in prison without possibility of parole or death penalty.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to keyboard5684

Premium Member

to keyboard5684
I bet the cop would have gotten away with it too if not for there being third party video.

But its a good reason for not allowing laws that prevent filming of police actions. Especially as cameras become more common, Such laws are not that easy to enforce. Already most people with a modern phone can film in HD.
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn

said by Kearnstd:

I bet the cop would have gotten away with it too if not for there being third party video.

I read in an article somewhere that the person who took that video considered deleting it because he was afraid that the cops would come after him.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to KoolMoe

Premium Member

to KoolMoe
said by KoolMoe:

There may be parts of the entire incident not caught on video.
But I have trouble understanding how anyone can be in fear of their life when an unarmed man is running away from them.

I'd like to know as well. I also would like to know why the guy ran. He was wanted for something related to child support. Maybe the person in the passenger seat told him to run.
That was a lot of bullets for a running out of shape 50 yr.old.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

There was no bullet, guy didn't have a gun or anything in his hand that would make it danger to the public that would justify shooting him in the back. Basically cop murdered him

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

I know that. I'm talking about bullets that killed him.

He didn't need to run. He's probably being hammered about his child support issues by his babymommas and the courts. Letting his emotions get him killed.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

His emotions are irrelevant, cop for no reason should have started shooting. Basically this slam dunk cade, especially being cop totally lied about everything. I can't even imagine how cop lawyer going to defend this shooting except maybe argue that it was not murder being that requires premeditation and instead this is manslaughter. However being shooter was a cop it should be murder.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

His emotions are very relevant but it is nothing directly related to the cop. He was just the end game. That's a done deal. This was just a news report. The cop is done for. I know that.
There is a chain of events.Things going on long before this that goes much deeper that's on my mind. A lot of nonsense that needs to stop in the black community.
And it would never have come to this.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

There is a cop and there is him as human. As a cop he should been trained and able to control his emotions. If he was having bad day, he should have stayed home. As human we all have something going on in our lives that no one else knows about and it impacts how we act. However in this case as it relates to it, his emotions will not be considered

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

I didn't expect you to understand what I'm saying.
I just told you I know all of that. Even if the cop gave him a hug and kiss and let him go it still doesn't change what's happening in the black community. This guy getting killed just brings certain things to light even more.
Let me put it this way. If this never happened the guy would probably be dead by the end of the year anyway or killed a babymamma. And the police will be there to clean up the mess.

There was a reason the family told Al Sharpton to stay away. He is part of the problem.
Jessie Jackson isn't any better.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

1 recommendation

Domane to keyboard5684

Premium Member

to keyboard5684
In some threads related to complaints or defense of controversial police actions and mindsets it was argued whether or not the police and their acts where held to a higher standard than the general public.

The standard question is the wrong question. The real hardcore down and gritty question and most relevant issue is linked to accountability.

The badge is metaphorically a license to kill. The accountability that police are held to for controversial acts is dramatically lower than the accountability applied by the police, judicial systems, and society holds for members of the public.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to keyboard5684

to keyboard5684
I'm not condoning the cop's actions in anyway but if the other guy had manned up and paid his child support and had not run he would not have put his self in a bad situation that lead to his death.

The same goes for the old guy who shot the guy that was running away after being involved in a drug deal.

In both cases neither man deserved to die but if they were not breaking the law and running from the police they would not have been in a situation to get shot to begin with. All around ALL parties were in the wrong.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

the sad thing is in the second case it was not even a real cop, We do not even know if he should have been a deputy or not or if the creds were faked so a guy who gave piles of cash and five cars could go play cop.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

2 recommendations

shaner to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
said by battleop:

I'm not condoning the cop's actions in anyway but if the other guy had manned up and paid his child support and had not run he would not have put his self in a bad situation that lead to his death.

That's an incredibly unrealistic expectation. Hard to pay a multi thousand dollar bill when you only make $800/month. And it's the only debt that can put you in jail.

»mobile.wnd.com/2015/04/t ··· -racket/

battleop

1 recommendation

battleop

Then keep your pecker in yor pants. It was discovered long ago what causes kids.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Maybe she should keep her legs closed if she can't afford to take care of kids without daddy's money.

Did you even read the story?
bills
Premium Member
join:2000-08-19
China

bills

Premium Member

I don't think he did read the story. I believe the second was a firearms deal.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to 40757180

Premium Member

to 40757180
His lawyer new it right after it came out he dropped the cop. There's no way to defend its black and white clear as crystal!

battleop

battleop to bills

to bills
I'm pretty sure I didn't say a single thing about the Second Ammendment.
battleop

battleop to shaner

to shaner
What a crazy idea. Adults acting like adults. If you are not prepared to take the full responsibility of being a parent keep your ones together or your pecker in yor pants.
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to Majestik

to Majestik
said by Majestik:

I didn't expect you to understand what I'm saying.
I just told you I know all of that. Even if the cop gave him a hug and kiss and let him go it still doesn't change what's happening in the black community. This guy getting killed just brings certain things to light even more.
Let me put it this way. If this never happened the guy would probably be dead by the end of the year anyway or killed a babymamma. And the police will be there to clean up the mess.

There was a reason the family told Al Sharpton to stay away. He is part of the problem.
Jessie Jackson isn't any better.

Oh c'mon. It's much easier to blame the cops than Societal collapse of a community. Especially when the elites who live in million dollar homes pretend to relate to poor communities to gain profit and fame.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

5 recommendations

shaner to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
If you can't make your mortgage, do you end up in jail?

When you lose your job, do you end up in jail?

Jailing people who are behind in Child Support is counter productive to the actual goal of having people pay child support. Especially since the child support arrears continue to accrue while you're in jail.

It's a ridiculous situation that unfairly targets low income non custodial parents, usually fathers.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

Please correct my ignorance as i never had personal experience with it and hopefully never will. If father or mother is unable to pay child support because they lost their job,can't they go back judge and ask for lower child support or even a waiver.I can't believe that court would force someone to go homeless just so they can continue paying child support. To me that would sound crazy but i know crazier stuff have happened which are true.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Nope. Child support orders are rarely amended by the payor. Even if the court is willing to hear the case, it takes months to get in front of a judge, during which time arrears are accrued.

In this case, this guy was a couple of months behind. He was thrown in jail, lost his job because of it. When he got out, the arrears had gotten larger, he had no job, and was eventually thrown in jail again. Wash, rinse repeat.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

said by shaner:

Nope. Child support orders are rarely amended by the payor. Even if the court is willing to hear the case, it takes months to get in front of a judge, during which time arrears are accrued.

In this case, this guy was a couple of months behind. He was thrown in jail, lost his job because of it. When he got out, the arrears had gotten larger, he had no job, and was eventually thrown in jail again. Wash, rinse repeat.

That seem extremely stupid or am i very slow to comprehend what I just read. Unless you are wealthy or lucky to have very good job, you are going to be in jail for the majority of your life or on the run from the law. That to me just seems a very stupid way of doing it. Is child support not base on what child would receive from you if you were living together as a couple?

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Nope. Child support is generally based on your income on the day you show up in court for the support order. Getting it amended afterwards is next to impossible for the payor. The payee can go to court for an adjustment anytime they want (that adjustment is almost always up).
40757180 (banned)

1 recommendation

40757180 (banned)

said by shaner:

Nope. Child support is generally based on your income on the day you show up in court for the support order. Getting it amended afterwards is next to impossible for the payor. The payee can go to court for an adjustment anytime they want (that adjustment is almost always up).

So if you had a good job and something happened, you re fucked ? Dam and i thought we had a good legal system. That sounds totally fucked up .