spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mattybaby
join:2003-05-14
Phoenix, AZ

mattybaby

1 Gig in Phoenix Arizona (Ahwatukee) - $128 per month

The new apartment complex just off the 10 and Chandler was built with fiber. The base rent includes 40 Megabits down. I confirmed 1 Gigabit speeds are available for $128 per month. 12 month contract. Might have to pay $99 for a new modem.

While it is bad-ass at first running speed tests, what is the justification to spend $1280 for 1 year of gigabit speeds?

It's not like I am hosting any VM's or a CDN for income :|

Liv Ahwatukee »www.livahwatukee.com
16025 S. 50th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85048

sraz
join:2013-10-28
Tucson, AZ

sraz

A few new developments here in Tucson seem to have access to fiber optic internet, but only brand new developments. It makes sense since the cost to string fiber really can't be much more than stringing good old copper, especially since the telco's know it's headed that direction.

»encantadadm.com/ This development is just north of the Tucson Premium Outlets where they are planning on offering gigabit to businesses, so it's a logical extension that they would build out any new space, especially since deploying PON based services to a new high density place isn't so bad.

As to whether it's worth the money, I guess that depends on how much you pay now, how much you'll use it, how much value you assign a stable low latency connection and no data caps. Since I pay like $70 now and I could drop cable TV if I didn't have a data cap, and would see some benefit in online games and such, I suppose it would be worth it to me.
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw to mattybaby

to mattybaby
mmmh, so nice.

For comparison, I'm going to be paying approximately $130/mo for 40/20 with CoreConnect, so $128/mo for gigabit looks nice.

What you might do if you're not sure you need a full gig is see if there's a 100/50 or 100/100 plan available. There's a development up here in Flagstaff that has 100/50 on residential fiber for $91/mo, which is a little easier on the wallet.