143,066 bytes
Extras.Txt
135,498 bytes
checkup.txt
1,164 bytes
mbam-log-201···.xml.zip
1,139 bytes

Hello all.

A few weeks ago I started seeing ads on websites that i visited, even this one. The first was LizardSales adware. It was a Chrome Extension I was able to get rid of. Then it showed up as ShoppingDealFactory adware, which also was an extension. Now i get popups and ads here and there, but there is no extension. I look in Chrome task manager and find something called JumboSale that is running and it says it is an extension. I've done all the scans (logs attached) and i still see it running.

I do not know how this stuff is getting in, but I do have a problem trying to run Windows Defender. it always gives me an error, so it is broken/disabled somehow. SAS is running in the background.

Help?

TheJoker
MVM
join:2001-04-26
Charlottesville, VA

TheJoker

MVM

Hi pcdebb

When you exported your MBAM log, you exported it as XML. You need to export the log as TXT.
quote:
I do not know how this stuff is getting in, but I do have a problem trying to run Windows Defender. it always gives me an error, so it is broken/disabled somehow. SAS is running in the background.
Since you can't currently run Windows Defender, so you have an antivirus program providing real-time protection you need to install a different antivirus and scan the system (you can always uninstall it later). I would recommend Free Avast! from here »www.avast.com/index

Download Avast!, install it, update, and then do a full system scan and quarantine anything found.
Did it detect and quarantine anything?

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.

hxxp://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe
(change the hxxp to http, the board code box isn't working properly)

- Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open
- Please attach the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.

Your version of Java is outdated and vulnerable.
Please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features, and uninstall the following:
Java 8 Update 31

Next, because Java has had so many vulnerabilities, if you don't have a program that requires Java, or a web site you visit that requires it, I recommend leaving it uninstalled. Your system will be more secure. If you decide to reinstall, or find that a program or website requires it, you can download the latest version from here:
http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
If you reinstall it because a program requires Java, you can increase your security by going to the Java Control Panel (Start > Control Panel > Java), selecting the Security tab, and Unchecking "Enable Java content in the browser".

Download the below tool
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)

hxxp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/
(change the hxxp to http, the board code box isn't working properly)

and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will create a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
The first time the tool is run, it creates another log (Addition.txt).
Please attach both files.

Please also attach a log from MBAM that was exported at text rather than XML, and note any errors encountered.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb

Premium Member

it saved it as XML, if i save it as TXT it will have the xml tags in it, i will try to convert it and run the additional tools

TheJoker
MVM
Charlottesville, VA

TheJoker to pcdebb

MVM

to pcdebb
There's no need to convert anything from XML. If you export the scan log as txt it will be text and properly formatted.

Open MBAM.
Left click on the History tab.
Select the most recent Scan log.
Then either:
- click "Copy to Clipboard" and post the log in your topic.
- or select Export, chose the Text file option, and save to your Desktop and attach to your next reply.
75733381 (banned)
join:2015-04-15

75733381 (banned) to pcdebb

to pcdebb
I noticed this ads recently. They seem to be taking over my screen now

TheJoker
MVM
Charlottesville, VA

TheJoker

MVM

said by 75733381:

I noticed this ads recently. They seem to be taking over my screen now

djekoc, you need to start your own topic and follow the directions at »Security Cleanup FAQ »Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance and attach the required logs in your new topic.