FishPants
The Art Of Pants
Premium Member
join:2001-11-19
Canada Eh?

FishPants

Premium Member

Some things never change

I'm not sure what dragged me back here, but good to see some familiar faces still posting! I can't believe the last time I posted was what, 7-8 years ago? Holy smokes.

I'm older.. I work downtown TO and live WAY out in the sticks.. My commute is hell, but it's worth it.. Umm still married, 2 kids (girls), 2 dogs (labs).. Hrmm yeah so that's what's been up for the last 7-8 years.

Not sure how often I'll swing by, but good to see some of you are still around. Sad to see others have moved off too -- DKS, AR (I think that was his name) among others (Jolie8?).

Hope all is well with you folks!

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

Some people are still around, many of the old farts have either moved on or became lurkers. Nice seeing you here

lugnut
@dyn.xx.ca

lugnut to FishPants

Anon

to FishPants
A couple have passed away as well. I think Dennifloss was one of them. Tmpchaos another one. Can't remember who else off the top of my head.

We're all getting older around here.

FishPants
The Art Of Pants
Premium Member
Canada Eh?

FishPants

Premium Member

said by lugnut :

A couple have passed away as well. I think Dennifloss was one of them. Tmpchaos another one. Can't remember who else off the top of my head.

We're all getting older around here.

Well that just makes me sad.. Of course people pass on, but it's odd to come back and see such familiar names, only to learn some of them have died while I've been away from DSLR. Getting older indeed.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to FishPants

Premium Member

to FishPants
Hey long time! You had moved to the boonies before your departure.

A few have left, others still here.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to FishPants

to FishPants
If I left for eight years I couldn't return as I would have forgot my password and possibly the fact I even had an account depending on how old I was at that point.

FishPants
The Art Of Pants
Premium Member
Canada Eh?

FishPants

Premium Member

Donoreo! Good to see you're still on this side of the grass!

As for the password, well let's just all say an Amen to password managers (Keepass which imported into Lastpass, which miraculously had my DSLR credentials. Go figure.).

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to FishPants

Mod

to FishPants
Good to see you again!

Black Box
join:2002-12-21

Black Box to FishPants

to FishPants
Welcome back! Long time no see, stranger!

Jolie8 has gone missing a few years ago too. Kim is a mod now. The trucker gang is all gone.

You may know Dennifloss as Galactus of Borg. There are a few others that changed identities too. I was never good at tracking who is which.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver to FishPants

to FishPants
Still here after 13 years and counting....
Nice to see some old familiar avatar faces, too!
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to FishPants

Premium Member

to FishPants
Welcome back! A few users have come and gone (no pun intended ) but many of the usual crowd are still here.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to FishPants

Premium Member

to FishPants
good to see you again...welcome back.

Black Box
join:2002-12-21

Black Box to mr weather

to mr weather
said by mr weather:

Welcome back! A few users have come and gone (no pun intended ) but many of the usual crowd are still here.

I hope Spydur won't mind

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass to FishPants

Premium Member

to FishPants
I was a forum lurking type back in your day - I've been here since '02 - but I didn't start posting until around '09 or '10. There's probably more than just me who remember all the names and faces from the past 13 years - but just never got involved in the discussion on the topics back in the day. Things settled down and some of the wackjobs dissapeared and it seemed to get more friendly (mind you we still have one or two wacky ones left... not naming names) and some of us came out of the woodwork.

horsey
@eastlink.ca

horsey to FishPants

Anon

to FishPants
welcome home young one
For those that dont know

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 8R25hlFI

Bender2000
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-06
J7W 8E4

Bender2000

Premium Member

Welcome back FishPants!

Horsey, that never gets old lol.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to FishPants

to FishPants
I definitely wasn't around then...I've only been around the last year or so but I definitely remember DKS has posted here recently (in the last 6 months or so), don't know if they've left or just changed screen names...

FishPants
The Art Of Pants
Premium Member
Canada Eh?

FishPants

Premium Member

Good to see all of you, thanks for the nice welcome. Hard to believe this corner of the internet exists still -- when I see a botnet using IRC for communications/directions I laugh thinking of how I used to use IRC for...you know..Internet chat. Now it's botnets, not even warez bots (who the hell uses DCC for downloading anymore?).

I think I need to go oil my walker.. It sounds squeaky. Glad the majority of you are still alive and well, that's a win these days!

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

2 recommendations

Mashiki to FishPants

to FishPants
I'm still around kinda. AR is around occasionally(or was), and yeah looks like DKS went on his way. I don't post much anymore especially after the moderation changes went more authoritarian, and I don't care for the line of reasoning behind it.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to FishPants

to FishPants
quote:
Hope all is well with you folks!
Well thank you my friend,its good to see you posting again!!

I am glad you are ok!!!