spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jeffscott
join:2008-08-19
Atlanta, GA

jeffscott

Content mix up

Though not a technical concern here, I've noticed a consistent problem with U-Verse airing one movie, while the description is that of another. Someone isn't verifying content before the description info is input. The latest: The description is 2000's 'Jailbait' w/ Matt Frewer and Mary Gross; the movie being shown is 1993's 'Jailbait' with C. Thomas Howell.
A couple of weeks ago, the same problem: 'Drive' (2011) was in the description, while the movie that was being shown was 'Drive' (1997). Could be noted that both were from one of the Showtime Network's channels.
Just wondering who's dropping the ball here..vital? No.. Annoying? Yes..

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

Uverse gets their TV guide data from a third party. So it would be the third party's mistake.

jeffscott
join:2008-08-19
Atlanta, GA

jeffscott

I was thinking that was probably the case...seems to happen quite a bit...
Thanks!

Porthos
@sbcglobal.net

Porthos to jeffscott

Anon

to jeffscott
Same thing happens with Mediacom.

Whoever TV Guide hires to make and check the database inputs isn't necessarily doing the best of jobs. And it does absolutely no good to complain to Mediacom because they simply pass the buck. I have asked why they continue to use such a poor quality third-party and the only answer I got was "That's who most of the providers use." I don't know if that is true or not but it seems like no one really cares very much.