Search similar:

uniqs
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra to Astyanax

to Astyanax

Re: BHN Secure WiFi

I tried it at a "Bright House Business Location" and it worked fine.
Had to re-enter MyServices credentials of course; after that, good to go.
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches to mixdup

to mixdup
Thanks for the info, MD. Next time I'm by a hotspot I'll forget it and sign on to the new secure.
rhinodad
join:2012-05-16
Orlando, FL

rhinodad to Astyanax

to Astyanax
Click for full size
Is the "anonymous identity" field on the attached login screen necessary (from a Galaxy S5 running Android Lollipop 5.0)? If so, what should be entered there? I assume the identity field is the my services username. Thanks.
velicos
join:2011-07-14
Tampa, FL

velicos

said by rhinodad:

Is the "anonymous identity" field on the attached login screen necessary (from a Galaxy S5 running Android Lollipop 5.0)? If so, what should be entered there? I assume the identity field is the my services username. Thanks.

Hey Rhino,

You can look at the following website for instructions:

»apps.brighthouse.com/sec ··· fi/setup

Or... you can do the following:

EAP Method: PEAP or EAP-TTLS
Phase 2 Authentication: MS-CHAPv2
Identity: MyServices Username
Anonymous Identity: *leave blank*
Enter Password: MyServices Password

Then smash connect and have fun. Tried it out on a few devices throughout the day and it has worked well.

Apple devices have a much nicer interface when dealing with Secure networks. Android is flexible but it's more cluttered and not nearly as intuitive for users who aren't well versed in WiFi.
rhinodad
join:2012-05-16
Orlando, FL

rhinodad

Thanks Velicos. Unfortunately no joy using your procedure. I'll get w/ Gary in direct.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Astyanax

Premium Member

to Astyanax
Fixed...

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

Unrelated to the new secure wifi, but related to wifi in general.. .the map doesn't show any hotspots in Birmingham anymore. I'm sure it's got to be a bug. The map shows the hotspots in Florida if I move it down there and also shows CableWiFi coverage in Tuscaloosa, AL (Comcast territory)
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by mixdup:

Unrelated to the new secure wifi, but related to wifi in general.. .the map doesn't show any hotspots in Birmingham anymore. I'm sure it's got to be a bug. The map shows the hotspots in Florida if I move it down there and also shows CableWiFi coverage in Tuscaloosa, AL (Comcast territory)

I'll look into this.... this will involve a different group however....so be patient.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

paradigmfl to Astyanax

to Astyanax
This is actually a great idea. People using the unsecured wifi before were basically sitting ducks when using unencrypted sites.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

1 recommendation

mixdup

said by paradigmfl:

This is actually a great idea. People using the unsecured wifi before were basically sitting ducks when using unencrypted sites.

Now look at that, Gary, you have both me and paradigmfl singing your praises. It is possible!
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra to Astyanax

to Astyanax
And I would be too, except I bought a non eMTA modem when I have voip Brighthouse Networks phone. So I'm in a pfhhhht mood.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mixdup

Premium Member

to mixdup
said by mixdup:

said by paradigmfl:

Now look at that, Gary, you have both me and paradigmfl singing your praises. It is possible!

Help me I've fallen and I can't get up!