spc
Search similar:

uniqs

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

[Telephone] DPC3216 Voice Issues > Incoming Call Can't Hear Other Party

I've had issues on and off every since Charter converted my DPC3008 data modem and my Arris EMTA into one "converged" unit.

I have the DPC3216 now. Here's the ongoing issue. There is no pattern to this, and no way to predict when it will happen.

On INCOMING CALLS only, sometimes we can NOT hear the party that is calling in....It sounds like a lot of static and weird sounds (similar to when you try to tune an old old radio from station to station).

Its not narrowed down to any kind of incoming calls.....Cell phones, other landlines can call. it doesn't do the interference every time. Its not the first call of the day...it can happen at any time of the day. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all in a given day.

If I hang up, and the other party calls back, the connection is fine.

its getting irritating having to say "I can't hear you, call back"......Of course, the CALLING PARTY can hear me fine, but I can't hear them.

A while back I had OOMA, and we had the same issue (didn't do it as much, but same issue.....weird sounds and robotic voices..could not hear incoming calls)

Is this an issue with VOIP calling?

We had ZERO issues when we had a separate box for voice and data.

Is the issue I speak of an issue with a "converged" modem, or specifically, the DPC3216 model?

I am considering having Charter changing back the units to separate ones.

I would cancel the voice portion and go back to a wireless "home phone unit", but that makes the internet go up in price because there is no "bundle".

i'm sure Charter would change it back, but I am not paying for a service call when its clearly a service issue.

Suggestions? Answers?

Thanks!

defiant
Former Charter lackey
join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

defiant

Have you called support yet? It may be something they can look into on their end or a known issue...

B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

B4Knight to compuguybna

Premium Member

to compuguybna
I'm not a fan of converged units for most things that includes all in one PC's. If one part fails the whole system usually goes along with it. I prefer keeping separate devices that can be dedicated to specific things.

When I had Charter phone installed the technician put in a splitter and ran a separate line to an Arris eMTA.

I'm not sure what is causing your issue? Best I can tell you is to call support and go from there.

Best of luck

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

This is what I had before . . . Wish it had been kept that way...
said by B4Knight:

When I had Charter phone installed the technician put in a splitter and ran a separate line to an Arris eMTA.

B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

Yeah, thats really unfortunate...