tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

ccn[a,p]-sp topics covered

just a quick survey if there is anyone who has taken or attempted to take the above certs.
for some partner level stuff within cisco -- i've got to bring some people up to speed on the sp side of things. we need some people passing the ccna and ccnp service provider courses. the easiest way is for me to run them through my own personal bootcamp -- but would settle for paying someone to do it for me (that whole, there are only so many hours in a day thing).

that being said -- since i'm only aware of the ie level topics -- what is covered on the na and np level stuff? i've read the bits from cisco -- but i'm looking for something a bit more concrete. any help would be appreciated. also -- if there are any training vendors that you have used for the above certs that i can audit and borrow from -- it would be appreciated.

q.
aryoba
MVM
join:2002-08-22

aryoba

MVM

said by tubbynet:

we need some people passing the ccna and ccnp service provider courses.

since i'm only aware of the ie level topics -- what is covered on the na and np level stuff?

One approach is to just have them pass the CCIE Written test

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

1 edit

tubbynet

MVM

doesnt work here. ccie-sp (whole test) is valid, but time to cert is longer. plus, these are a/m's and cse's.

[edited to add] the folks need to pass the full cert. not just the ccie-sp written. however -- in some instances -- the na or np cert will suffice.

q.

NOCMan
MadMacHatter
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO

NOCMan to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet
trainingmagic.com

Not sure if Bob's suitcasing classes, but he's an excellent instructor.
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet
Re-certified my CCNP with a re-sit of CCNP Switch last October. No IPv6, no wireless. Labs were AAA with DOT1X, MLS with EIGRP and a Spanning-Tree multi root bridge / path selection using cost exercise.
The AAA/DOT1X is the most complex but a week of 1 hour sessions in the lab with config/erase start - reload --- config/erase start - reload and I had it nailed in about 4 mins. the rest of the Switch exam was pretty vanilla.