Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

1 edit

MarkAW to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
thanks art was just going to ask did they fix the recurring alerts bug.
Just installed the new version and the recurring alerts bug is still there.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium Member
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

Pentangle to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
Thanks art, getting it now.

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26

hayc59 to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
thank you arty!!

HA Nut
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
USA

HA Nut to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
So far, I've upgraded 2 Windows 7 PCs. One at work and one at home. Both went very, very ugly!

It took uninstalling both manually because 33.1.2015.0 would not allow itself to be upgraded or uninstalled automatically. Somehow the installation and uninstall routine was totally corrupt. Strangely somehow, day to day, it was running just fine...??

This has been the worst experience for me with WinPatrol ever! I have several PCs at work to upgrade and I am NOT looking forward to it!

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

WP is just going down hill as suspected when it was sold off. Oh its in good hands blah blah etc. This new cat is doing things wrong already. Quality has dropped. The program itself has gained some fat. 1.3mb now. The biggest ever. New releases are few and far between. And the worst thing? The program has gone to a yearly renewal. I am sure it is also do to that new program WinPrivacy they recently launched. Someone has to pay right?

Exidor
Premium Member
join:2001-05-04

Exidor to HA Nut

Premium Member

to HA Nut
On my Win 7x64 system a message popped up something to the effect that it was necessary to stop the running WinPatrol process for the upgrade to continue.

Although the install process sort of "stuttered" I was able to exit WinPatrol.exe and the upgrade completed successfully.

In previous upgrades, if WinPatrol was running, the install program would stop it automatically and it was normally a very fast install.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
I watched the message in screen snapshot above for 10 minutes before canceling installation on my Win7/64. The green bar kept cycling to the end and starting over.

On the plus side, after rebooting the old version appears to be fine. Will leave it for now and won't try to update on the other computer until issues are resolved.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

said by onDvine:

I watched the message in screen snapshot above for 10 minutes before canceling installation on my Win7/64. The green bar kept cycling to the end and starting over.

On the plus side, after rebooting the old version appears to be fine. Will leave it for now and won't try to update on the other computer until issues are resolved.

Stupid thing does the exact same for me. It wont install and does what the screenshot shows. I also closed WP before installing over the top. Windows 8.1 64 bit. This has NEVER happened with WP before.

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
said by onDvine:

I had that too. I noticed that the instal also opened Win patrol window and needed shut down in order to install. (crazy)

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 recommendation

onDvine

Premium Member

said by PeeWee:

... the instal also opened Win patrol window ...

That didn't happen here. I exited WinPatrol, as has always been recommended, before trying to install.

HA Nut
Premium Member
USA

HA Nut to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
One thing I've noticed is that installation directory was changed. This time from Ruiware to Ruiware LLC. Not sure if that has anything to do with my issues but it is a noticeable difference between 33.1.2015.0 and 33.5.2015.3

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
v33.5.2015.7 has been released (April 22nd)

change log

*Fixed installer to better remove previous versions of WinPatrol
*Corrects issue causing installer to hang during upgrade on some computers
*Corrected installer to honor non-standard installation folders when upgrading from V32 and above
*Fixed bug that could cause WinPatrol service to stop running
*Contains additional fixes to prevent recurring prompts
*Contains fixes for additional stale data clean-up

»www.winpatrol.com/download.html

The install issue has been fixed and installed fine this time. I did run into a minor glitch/bug. So, don't freak out if you see it. I closed WP before installing new version. Once it was installed. It still showed the previous WP version. I decided to reboot and it was fine. Showing the proper version. I have reported this minor issue to WP.

HA Nut
Premium Member
USA

HA Nut

Premium Member

Just upgraded mine at work. Much better experience! I did have the same glitch as KoRnGtL15. It took a reboot to show the correct version. But overall, I'm pleased it's mostly fixed.

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member

2 recommendations

hayc59 to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
quote:
Hi,

The installer we posted yesterday had an issue on some Windows XP systems, that has been fixed.

We posted the update with the same version number so that customer's who had successful upgrades weren't alerted of an upgrade that would do nothing for them.

The WinPatrol installer should automatically open WinPatrol Explorer upon completion.

In addition, if you do not close the previous version of WinPatrol, the installer should close it for you. This may not yet be perfected, but will be come the next release.

Thanks,
Bret.
»www.landzdown.com/winpat ··· -2015-7/

HA Nut
Premium Member
USA

HA Nut

Premium Member

Thanks for the news. I've updated my copy and my PC.

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member

hayc59 to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
Ha Nut, you are very welcome