spc
Search similar:

uniqs
butchie
join:2000-12-29
Jupiter, FL

butchie

security update of windows 7

These 2 updates have appeared on windows update and installed several times since 3/14. They have installed as pairs 8 times.
KB 3004375
KB 3031432
Is this o.k. and normal for these 2 updates??
85160670 (banned)
"If U know neither the enemy nor yoursel
join:2013-09-17
Edmonton, AB

85160670 (banned)

Click for full size
As far I see ...... was sometimes ago WU ¿ ¿ mine is running fine for all Win7 wait today updates
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

4 edits

redwolfe_98 to butchie

Premium Member

to butchie
butchie, if you use windows "disk cleanup" to remove outdated windows updates (windows update cleanup), that could be causing the problem.. lately, some people have been saying that using windows "disk cleanup" to remove outdated windows updates results in causing windows automatic updater to repeatedly try to reinstall updates that have already been installed.. the solution would be to stop using windows "disk cleanup" to remove outdated windows updates (windows update cleanup), at least for the time being..

however, the problem also can be caused by there being some data-corruption in one of the files that is used by "windows updater".. i am not sure what to tell you about how to resolve that problem since there are various things that could be suggested as a possible solution..

some people would try to resolve the problem by simply "nuking" the "softwaredistribution" folder (c:\windows\softwaredistribution), which means that you rename the "softwaredistribution" folder, giving it a name like "softwaredistributionOLD".. then a new "softwaredistribution" folder will be generated.. you could try that and see if it resolves the problem that you are having, where windows automatic updater is repeatedly trying to install windows-updates that have already been installed..

in order to be able to rename the "softwaredistribution" folder, you first need to disable the windows "automatic updates service".. you can do that by going into windows "services" and disabling the "automatic updates service", there, or by using "command prompt" and the command:

"net stop wuauserv" (minus quotation marks)

after disabling the windows "automatic updates service", rename the "softwaredistribution" folder (c:\windows\softwaredistribution) to "softwaredistributionOLD".. then, re-enable the windows "automatic updates service", either by going to windows "services" and starting it there or by using "command prompt" with the command:

"net start wuauserv" (minus quotation marks)

if NOT using windows "disk cleanup" to remove outdated windows updates doesn't resolve the problem, and if renaming the "softwaredistribution" folder doesn't resolve the problem, then you will need to take further action..

if you need more help, i suggest that you ask for help at sevenforums.com:

»www.sevenforums.com/wind ··· 8e1cbc97

you also could look over the posts in the microsoft community forum, where you might get some ideas about ways to solve problems with windows updates, like if people refer to MSKB articles about various ways of resolving issues with windows udpates:

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· =Threads

(i don't have much experience with these problems since i have always disabled windows "automatic updates" and therefore i have never had any problems with it)..

if you have trouble with renaming the "softwaredistribution" folder, let me know.. you may need to "stop" additional "services" in order to be able to rename the folder..