Search similar:

uniqs

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Has Rogers been cutting off TPIA service if you cancel cable TV?

Rogers used to be quite notorious for disconnecting your entire service drop when you disconnected cable TV.

Are they STILL doing this ? I haven't seen a complaint about this in some time. I'm considering cutting the cord.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I haven't seen one in a while as well (limited to online complaints).
Expand your moderator at work

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre

Re: Has Rogers been cutting off TPIA service if you cancel cable TV?

Thanks Andre! I haven't seen it lately, but I haven't had many test cases either.

I wonder if this is actually related to the move to all digital--so they don't need to bother disconnecting at all any more :P (or it might still be happening, thanks Calero27)
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

They would still want to disconnect unnecessary wiring to reduce ingress noise from unused drops. They will likely continue doing it, albeit with a lower priority - lump it with connect/repair tickets for the same tap or immediate neighborhood instead of bothering with truck rolls specifically for disconnects.

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006 to sbrook

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

Rogers used to be quite notorious for disconnecting your entire service drop when you disconnected cable TV.

I cut the cord 2 years ago and never experienced any issues. We had TPIA for internet then let Rogers phone & cable go. We do not miss the overpriced cable tv.
aereolis
join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

aereolis to InvalidError

to InvalidError
Due to discontinuation of analog, after jan 26 rogers no longer does disconnects unless for technical reasons.

Gimli
Premium Member
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

Gimli to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
I would second Aereolis' comment. Unless there is a specific reason for rogers to physically disconnect ( aka physically freeing up a tap jack) they wont roll a truck

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to aereolis

to aereolis

said by aereolis:

Due to discontinuation of analog, after jan 26 rogers no longer does disconnects unless for technical reasons.

I know of two cases on the south-side of woodstock where Rogers disconnected people when they cut the cord. Their ISP was execulink, one case happened in mid-March, the other happened two weeks ago at the start of April. So it still does happen, at least around here. I can't say in other areas. Then again, our analog wasn't discontinued until the 3rd week of March either.

smogers
@start.ca

smogers to sbrook

Anon

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

Are they STILL doing this ? I haven't seen a complaint about this in some time. I'm considering cutting the cord.

why do you need to know this?

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

1 recommendation

RizzleQ to smogers

Premium Member

to smogers

said by smogers :

said by sbrook:

why do you need to know this?

Because...
said by sbrook:

I'm considering cutting the cord.

...meaning he's considering doing the exact thing that may trigger his entire line (having only a TPIA connection after canceling Rogers TV) to be cut, hence the question...

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Thank you RizzleQ ... that is precisely why.