uniqs
johnfc
join:2002-11-23
Gaithersburg, MD

1 recommendation

johnfc to Cthen

to Cthen

Re: [Rant] Unreturned Equipment Woes

Nice language CThen Seriously I am not kissing anyone and certainly not Comcast. I just prefer to give people a break, I don't think major companies are trying to scam me, I tend to find people to be fairly reasonable, The CC people that log in here now and then are really helpful. Alternatives to CC. FIOS, Verizon wireless, tethered 4G cell phones, Satellite. There are lots of options but speed costs money and you just have to decide how fast you want to go. I have had CC since sometime in the 1990s. Internet speeds were about 1.5 -3.0 mbps down, maybe .5 up. Currently I have about 150down 20 up. In all of these years, the only problems I have had was the large cable coming into the house eventually died after about 15 yrs. underground, the round green box had an issue that affected everyone connected to it, my own modem went flaky, my TVs STB wigged out and I switched for a new one at CCs office. that is it.

I have wired my house with my wife with Cat 5E with home runs to a 16 port switch in the basement, I connect my modem which is on the first level to my wireless router to the switch. I hit my provisioned speeds wired and wireless all of the time consistently over the years I have had CC unless the whole county is having issues lightening storms, poles down etc. I usually do a speed test every few days. I guess I must just be lucky. Never scammed and happy with my service (I just wish it was not so expensive).