nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave to Branch

MVM

to Branch

Re: Quasi Ala carte is here!

Correct. Select HD was dropped going forward. It is grandfathered in for existing customers.

SoCalDude
join:2008-07-30
Oxnard, CA

SoCalDude to BSAIII

to BSAIII
Why is Discovery and National Geographic mixed in with news?

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Who knows. GSN in lifestyle instead of entertainment?

Because Verizon was, well, being verizon.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to nycdave

to nycdave
Dave........Does VHO5 customers get to keep HBO / Showtime for free such as in the Extreme Package?

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

Branch

Premium Member

Everyone gets HBO for free, just call and ask.

Now that I think about it, you probably won't get it with custom TV.
Custom TV is a lesser package. You don't get showtime with preferred, or (when it was avaliable) select, so most likely, not custom TV.

Like I said though, call ask for HBO, they'll give you that no matter what.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to frankpf3

Premium Member

to frankpf3
said by frankpf3:

Dave........Does VHO5 customers get to keep HBO / Showtime for free such as in the Extreme Package?

It was only in Extreme & Ultimate, so it won't be in this cheap package
matcarl

matcarl to Branch

Premium Member

to Branch
said by Branch:

Like I said though, call ask for HBO, they'll give you that no matter what.

When did you become the Verizon salesman?

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to matcarl

to matcarl
I wouldn't exactly call this package "Cheap"

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to BSAIII

to BSAIII
As I'm reading this it would seem that when my contract expires in October that I will be allowed to stay grandfathered into my Prime package which no longer exists, should I so choose?

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to frankpf3

Premium Member

to frankpf3
It's their lowest package now, replacing Select, it's bare bones.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch to Teasip

Premium Member

to Teasip
Unless you want to renew *with discounts*. I believe you can lock in your price for two years again, but they won't give you renewal incentives on a grandfathered plan (I remember my grandfathered internet plan)
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

So do packages that contain ESPN programming get really expensive if people opt out and go for these select packages?

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to BSAIII

Premium Member

to BSAIII
hmm.. I checked again and am able to add the Custom channel pack now. But it's showing a price of $135 for 4 channel packs, 75/75, and phone. I thought the press release showed that it should be $115? I only pay $140 now which gets me all the channels and most of the premium channels. If I can save $25 a month I would change, but for only a $5 savings I will stay put.

SoCalDude
join:2008-07-30
Oxnard, CA

SoCalDude to BSAIII

to BSAIII
Disappointed with these new offerings overall.
cuda74360
join:2008-11-08
Halethorpe, MD

cuda74360 to aaronwt

to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

I thought the press release showed that it should be $115?

I was told today, by a VZ chat rep, that the press release pricing is for new customers only.

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint to BSAIII

to BSAIII
Just checked, to get the same channels I watch as my basic prime, it would be $20 more a month. No surprise there that verizon is trying to charge more for the same.
daghis
Premium Member
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA

daghis

Premium Member

Same here. I'd have to purchase too many bundles for it to be cost effective for my family.

I was also surprised by some of the channel inclusions, such as TV Land as part of the Kids bundle. I thought TV Land was more suited for adults who like programming from 20-30 years ago.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to BSAIII

to BSAIII
Well I decided to take the plunge to custom and drop from ultimate. My wife and I actually went through the guide channel by channel asking if we ever watch it or if we can live without it.
All of the channels we watch with the exception of one and not including the premium movie channels are part of custom HD and the 2 packs we picked.
We are dropping from $89 a month (would have went up to $94.99 in Aug. after a $5 credit ended) plus $42 for the quantum service, 1 vms and one ipc plus $23 in taxes and fees (thats for double play 50/50 internet) to $49.99 a month ($54.99 after Aug.). We also dropped the HBO/Starz completer pack for $16.49. So I'll be saving a good $55 ish a month. Sure we get far less channels, but for us it will work out. We get the channels we want, ones we don't and we have our amazon fire tv.
I did look at bumping back to preferred, but for $15 more a month over custom for channels we won't watch just didn't make sense for us not to mention they already raised the price of preferred as before the custom hd thing kicked in preferred would have been $35 less from ultimate. Now it's only $25 less.
Custom HD is defiantly not for everyone though.

One thing I did notice that I am going to be very upset about is it said an rsn fee would apply. I didn't choose any sports channels and won't have any so if they are going to charge me a fee for something I don't have I will not be happy.

Oh and I did find out locals in HD are included. You can view better listings here.
»www.verizon.com/home/fio ··· V_N_Z001

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to BSAIII

Premium Member

to BSAIII
said by BSAIII:

I bet to get the channels I want will cost just as much as the Ultimate package I have now.

Bingo! Sticking with my present Ultimate TV bundle with FDV and 50/50 Internet.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to daghis

to daghis
said by daghis:

Same here. I'd have to purchase too many bundles for it to be cost effective for my family.

I was also surprised by some of the channel inclusions, such as TV Land as part of the Kids bundle. I thought TV Land was more suited for adults who like programming from 20-30 years ago.

I agree TV Land is not even close to a "kids" channel. My guess is they are strategically placing channels in certain bundles to force you to subscribe to multiple bundles.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

1 edit

crgauth

said by ansky:

I agree TV Land is not even close to a "kids" channel. My guess is they are strategically placing channels in certain bundles to force you to subscribe to multiple bundles.

i was going to say the same thing.
Also, I don't see the .tv channels included in any of the packages.
And when I did the comparison giving them my zip, there were a lot of other channels that didn't have a home.
Some were RSN, but I would have thought they would have shown up as being part of the sports+ package.
Ex: AXS TV, BBCA, Cooking Channel , just to name a few.
So unless there is a problem with the comparison tool, if I took Custom + all 7 packages, I would still get less channels than I do with Ultimate for about the same price.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by crgauth:

So unless there is a problem with the comparison tool, if I took Custom + all 7 packages, I would still get less channels than I do with Ultimate for about the same price.

That's because these new packages are for people who don't want everything, it's pick and choose. If you want more, you have to get Extreme or Ultimate.
tennisman94
join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL

tennisman94 to BSAIII

to BSAIII
In the theme of missing channels, noticed that Tennis Channel isn't in either of the sports packs. Perhaps it has something to do with when TC renegotiated to be included with Extreme instead of just ultimate. A strange omission regardless.
barje
join:2002-06-24
Red Bank, NJ

barje to Branch

to Branch
Thanks called and added HBO for free. They also gave me epix for 6 months free as a promotion.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

Branch

Premium Member

said by barje:

They also gave me epix for 6 months free as a promotion.

Interesting, I'll ask about that too.
mna
join:2002-01-29
Reston, VA

mna to BSAIII

to BSAIII
Has anyone in the N. Virginia area been able to see the MASN (Nationals/Orioles Baseball) channels in the new sports/sports plus lineup?

TIA
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

It is just generic in saying regional sports channels in the sports plus package.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

Branch to mna

Premium Member

to mna
said by mna:

Has anyone in the N. Virginia area been able to see the MASN (Nationals/Orioles Baseball) channels in the new sports/sports plus lineup?

TIA

I'm in MD... MASN is included here.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76 to mna

to mna
said by mna:

Remember though that the RSN Fee of up to $5 per month (varies by market) will apply with the Sports Plus Package.
compuguy
join:2003-05-26
Burke, VA

compuguy to Branch

to Branch
I believe it is only included with sports + sports plus (I don't need any of the other sports channels...)