All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
leftydog1961
join:2015-04-13
Andover, NJ

leftydog1961

Zyxel USG 20 configuration for linklogger. Is it possible?

Has anyone tried to get this firewall to transmit syslog info to linklogger? There are several versions of linklogger for zyxel but i am not getting any data? I have tried syslog watcher personal edition and that works fine, but I have used linklogger before an prefer the interface.

Also. Do these USG products support Upnp? I could not find a setting anyway?

Thanks, Wayne.
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT

Premium Member

UPnP has been added to newer firmware for some models, I do not remember which ones. But the 20 is a likely candidate in my book.

As for Linklogger, if the USG sends data to the correct port, then its upto Linklogger to interpret the data. And as you say, other syslog applications get the data, so its most likely Linklogger is not compatible with the format the USG sends its data in.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano to leftydog1961

MVM

to leftydog1961
You could check with the author of the SW Link Logger See Profile
leftydog1961
join:2015-04-13
Andover, NJ

leftydog1961

it is not supported. Thanks
JPedroT
Premium Member
join:2005-02-18

JPedroT

Premium Member

Most likely the issue is that ZyXEL never shares how they format their syslog messages, so its a painstaking and time consuming process to reverse engineer all the messages it can create. So its probably not worth the time to do it...
If you got access to some ZyXEL R&D guys and can get clearance for them to release the format of those messages, LinkLogger probably could whip up support over a weekend.