spc
Search similar:

uniqs

AndyA
@shawcable.net

AndyA

Anon

[Info] AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9

HI can any one confirm that cisco AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9 can be ran with standalone Firmware as functions Aps They seem be a lot info on convert them to standalone ?

LondonDave
Premium Member
join:2011-09-05
London, ON

LondonDave

Premium Member

An autonomous image does exist for the 3502 however it is only mean to be used for testing or surveying. I would not recommend running it in a business environment. However for home it should function fine.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to AndyA

MVM

to AndyA
Here's a supportforums.cisco.com thread that backs up what LondonDave See Profile mentions.
Crazy question, was looking at the 3500 datasheet here , don't see anything specifically
saying 3500 is only for site survey. The closest I get is the weasel-word-loaded 1st paragraph
quote:
Cisco ® Aironet ® 3500 Series Access Points with Cisco CleanAir technology are the industry's first 802.11n access points to create a self-healing, self-optimizing wireless network. CleanAir technology is a systemwide feature of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network that improves air quality by detecting RF interference that other systems can't recognize, identifying the source, locating it on a map, and then making automatic adjustments to optimize wireless coverage. These innovative access points provide the highest-performance 802.11n connectivity for mission-critical mobility. By intelligently avoiding interference, the 3500 Series offers performance protection for 802.11n networks to help ensure reliable application delivery.
Regards
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

Looks like the usually over wordy sales blurb for "CleanAir can suppress rogue access points".
For a wireless survey I always take the model of AP requested/offered so the results are as close as possible to what I will see at the post install survey point.

As for the OP#'s question, the 3500 series data-sheet has this to say about software:
quote:
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Software Release 7.0 or later (autonomous IOS not supported)

If the AP is not for use in an actual network you could try unpacking a tarball with an autonomous IOS and see what happens, the risk being you brick it. If you can, take a back-up of the lightweight IOS first. I have never used the 3500 series so I don't know what commands are available under the lightweight IOS CLI.

AndyA
@istechbc.com

AndyA to AndyA

Anon

to AndyA
Hello All I did find the image and load it on I can't seem to change the locations to Canada for ap but it seem to works

That and it take little get used to figure out Cisco Web interface am guess it run like 3500 Cisco Ap with out the clean Air Technologies not worried about brick them I got like 12 of them in package deal with cisco 3750 :> very nice switch from what I used still learning IOS on it and the aps

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

Did you got them with target ?
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey to AndyA

Premium Member

to AndyA
said by AndyA :

it take little get used to figure out Cisco Web interface

said by AndyA :

still learning IOS on it and the aps

If you are learning Cisco it's worth pointing out that very few of us use the web interface, preferring instead to use the CLI. For me the exceptions are the WLC which has a very good web interface, and the ASA which has a couple of very nice web based troubleshooting features, something that most other Cisco GUI's do not.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to AndyA

MVM

to AndyA
said by AndyA :

I got like 12 of them in package deal with cisco 3750

So 1x 3750 and 12x of these AIR-CAP3502I's? Woah, where did you get THESE exactly?
And I'm curious, which exact model of 3750? Plain Jane 3750? G? E? X?

Otherwise 2nd markysharkey See Profile 's comment about the web UI vs CLI. For me, I can't even remember I had access
to the web UI in a PROD environment. Usually the reason was "it was locked down from a security perspective."

My 00000010bits

Regards

AndyA
@shawcable.net

AndyA to Frank_IT

Anon

to Frank_IT
You mean bog red target corp ?
AndyA

AndyA to markysharkey

Anon

to markysharkey
I will look into both I did play with the CLI on switch and used it to tftp image
AndyA

AndyA to HELLFIRE

Anon

to HELLFIRE
As for extract model of switch its not in front at moment so no clue

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

Andy.. send me a PM.. i would like the firmware.. I have 2 of them

AndyA
@shawcable.net

AndyA

Anon

I don't think I can pm firmware is pretty easy to find if you look for i how to convert them

Pretty sure people on forum might not like me share it

Where you pick them up you?

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

said by AndyA :

I don't think I can pm firmware is pretty easy to find if you look for i how to convert them

Pretty sure people on forum might not like me share it

Where you pick them up you?

Thanks for your understanding. You are correct in that direct links to firmware or uploads of the firmware are not allowed here.

AndyA
@shawcable.net

AndyA

Anon

Are we allowed to post the names of them

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

Yes.
Expand your moderator at work
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

1 edit

cramer to AndyA

Premium Member

to AndyA

Re: [Info] AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9

Names of the IOS files? yes. Links to files or sites making those files available: NO. (other than Cisco )

(If your google-fu cannot find them, this is not the place to ask.)