Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

[Thunderbird] How to save (export) Thunderbird messages to hard drive ?

This is my first go at (trying to) use Thunderbird for my Comcast email messages and I *do* have it set to leave a copy on the server.

Could someone please explain how I can save these messages on my hard drive in hopefully clearer instructions than what I find when I look at Thunderbird support? It references finding my user profile, yada yada. Is there an easier way, or an add-on ?

I may have to reinstall my operating system :-(. Thanks.
johnpd
Premium Member
join:2003-11-20
Green Valley, AZ

johnpd

Premium Member

Try MozBackup.

JohnD

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
Take a look at MailStore Home. It's easy to use and can be installed as "portable", so it can be stored/moved anywhere.
»www.mailstore.com/en/mai ··· ing.aspx
chachazz

chachazz to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
This shows how to backup whole profile (which contains email, address books etc)
»www.wikihow.com/Back-Up- ··· nderbird

Mozbackup is good also.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
Or just use Thunderbird Portable instead. Want to backup? Just copy the whole frickin' thing.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
MozBackup continues to perform very well considering that it hasn't been updated in like forever. I just used it today for one of my occasional backup of Thunderbird and Firefox. There is also a little known backup program that I have been experimenting with. It is called Hekasoft Backup and Restore. Not only does it backup Mozilla programs, it also backs up Google Chrome, Cyberfox, Pale Moon, and others.

»www.hekasoft.it/hekasoft ··· restore/

NOTE: Read the fine print there that says this...

Choosing this download you will support Hekasoft, and you will have the opportunity to install additional third-party software.
If you like to download the version without third-party software you can download the software from this link.

And then click on link at the end of the sentence and get the program from there.
Jrb2
Premium Member
join:2001-08-31

Jrb2 to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
Maybe Mozilla Thunderbird Backup (MTB) from AJSystems may help you.
»ajsystems.com/mtbackup/mtb.html

It is not free, but it has a 15 days evaluation time.

It is a while ago that I was in contact with the developper (last year), but I got always good support from him on his programs.

kingb71
join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON

kingb71 to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
I just replicate the profile folder to another hard drive.