uniqs

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

[Signals] Annoying overnight issue

For the past few days, I've noticed that one channel has a giant blast of uncorrectables right around 1AM (adjusting for DST that that log doesn't adjust for.) It's nearly 1-2 million errors overnight. During the day, the errors continue to increase slightly, typically by around 20-30K.
tpkatl
join:2009-11-16
Dacula, GA

tpkatl

I think that 'middle of the night' is when Comcast is doing some cable maintenance to the actual coax and switches.

Every now and then (most recently earlier this week) I had the exact same type of errors that you are showing. Started around 1:15am local time, culminating in a modem reboot (t4-errors) about 10 minutes later.

The reason I think it is physical cable is that my Comcast DVR box (which was supposed to be recording a movie) did records something, but the film was chopped up into 1-2 minute chunks, indicative of a video connection that was being interrupted over and over again as the cable people were disconnecting and reconnecting some physical devices.

This doesn't happen frequently, but often enough, with the same timing (wee hours of the morning) that I think it's Comcast doing some sort of plant work.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

What's odd is that it's only that one frequency affected. Before I did a forced reboot a few days ago, it also affected an adjacent frequency (711MHz). I believe this has something to do with smartphone interference, although it seems odd it's at nearly the same time for several days. This is an apartment complex.
andyross

andyross

MVM

Seems closer to normal. Only about 2900 new uncorrectables over 24 hours, and 26 of them were on another channel. No new log message.