Stargate Universe fan
Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra

Premium Member

[Praise] Verizon fixed routing/capacity issues? (we'll see)

I only have one sample so far (one day), but ever since I changed over my ISP from TWC to Verizon (FiOS) in mid March, every day starting at about 20:00 or so local time (ET), and ending sometime after midnight, the BBR monitors show a marked rise in RTT. Before this time of day, the RTT is 20-30 ms for the east coast, and 60-70 ms west coast. It peaks at about 150 ms east coast, but has been as bad as about 200 on some days. However, the graph from this past night is almost flat. Perhaps the Verizon network engineers have found a way to fix things. We shall see. I hope so.
rchandra

rchandra

Premium Member

It was another good night last night. The maximum RTT east coast was only 50 ms, and only one sample. There was only about two hours where the average RTT was 30 ms, up from the baseline of 20 ms. Neat!
rchandra

rchandra

Premium Member

Well, the "fix" only lasted two days. The RTT went with the previous trend last night, peaking at 165 ms east. Oh, well. Good that they did something about it for two days anyway.
rchandra

rchandra

Premium Member

After waiting a few more days, the BBR monitors are showing increases of RTT, but now from both east and west, the increase is less than 10 milliseconds. It looks like the issue may have been fixed more permanently. Good on them.