spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ohcomeon
@cox.net

ohcomeon

Anon

[CT] Inline Mini-box

Is it possible to place a mini-box inline, with the feed coming in off the street and the output to the splitter? I have digital ready TVs, so I only really need decryption for the TV units in our get rooms. I am a cox customer TV, Internet and Phone, so they are making some serious money from us.

I'd rather they just up the basic fee and allow digital TVs to receive the signal without the need for a mini-box. I am okay with them pulling analog, which I think is very fair.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

that would allow only one channel at a time I think
Fubar
join:2015-01-27
Phoenix, AZ

Fubar to ohcomeon

to ohcomeon
It could work but be complicated.

Everyone would have to watch the same channel.

You would need an RF remote setup to change the channel from any other rooms.

You would need a second coax in the room with the box to backfeed the output to the distribution location to feed the other channels.

I'd just pay the $2 a box.

ohcomeon
@cox.net

ohcomeon to ohcomeon

Anon

to ohcomeon
So.....

What the heck, I tried it. Cox swat came, predator drones overhead with the little cox logo, cable anarchy.

...actually, it did nothing, no signal came through. I guess in hindsight this makes sense because the mini-box seems to be able to detect they type of TV that is hooked up to the little bugger.

That said, and I know it's only $2.00, but I think that Cox could handle this in an easier way, such as offering a whole house solution that would decrypt and prevent pirating.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

the box is a DTA you could get a full converter/ or a cable Card for tv or a Tivo.