spc
Search similar:

uniqs

floods
join:2003-06-11
Naylor, GA

floods

What provider? Confused..

So I cannot get any hardwire internet at my current address.. Was really let down since AT&T said I could before I moved here (just got out of the military, used to have DSL here).

So I started looking at alternative providers. I currently have AT&T for my wireless/cell phone provider. I get very good LTE speeds here (which I'm currently tethering). I get 30-50 down, around 5 up. I heard about WirelessNWifi and contacted them as well. I assume they use Sprint (but they have an AT&T link on their website wirelessnwifi.com/att). Are there speeds comparable to what I get now through AT&T. Also, there shouldn't be many (if any) people using the towers out here. I imagine 3 people here might have a smartphone (including myself and wife).

Obviously money is an issue here. AT&T offers a max of I think 30GB for $120, while WirelessNWifi offers 60GB for $90. I have also seen some people reselling AT&T business accounts on EBay that offer unlimited internet that is not throttled. Is this legit or a scam? I'm tempted to try something like that for $120 a month but just not sure what's in my best interest.

I'm going to be doing regular internet type stuff. I'm taking some online classes, netflix, hulu, and gaming. I know my MS isn't bad on AT&T, is there anything I should worry using WirelessNWifi's Sprint towers?

Just in general looking for a point in the right direction. My choices are between AT&T, WirelessNWifi, and going through a reseller on EBay for an AT&T business account. If anyone could give some info it'd be greatly appreciated.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

said by floods:

I'm taking some online classes, netflix, hulu, and gaming.

You aren't going to be able to do two of the four without incurring significant overages.

HereToHelp3
@charter.com

HereToHelp3 to floods

Anon

to floods
I don't understand if at&t had DSL there in the past they still should have it there. Netflix and Hulu are definitely going to be out of the question. Gaming maybe as long as your gaming and not downloading games. I'm not sure how much data online classes use. At some point your best option is just to move to where the internet is.

floods
Naylor, GA

floods

Yeah, tell me about it. AT&T however insists they cannot reactivate the DSL at my location. I even had a tech go out and open a port, still no go.

I understand Netflix and Hulu will be large bandwidth consumers, so I'll just use them at my own risk and pretty sparingly. Online gaming doesn't use much bandwidth, and online classes are basically just browsing the web.

I'm more curious if there are providers that I'm missing, or if the AT&T unlimited business accounts are a scam. I want to be sure I'm weighing my options before I make a quick decision and regret it later.
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to floods

to floods
Try to have DSL Extreme force an order through. Its worth a shot.

floods
Naylor, GA

floods

How would I go about doing that? I'd definitely like to give it a try
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

Go post in the DSL Extreme page on this site.

floods
Naylor, GA

floods

Well, DSL Extreme was a no-go. I still don't understand how I had service a few years ago and now I just can't get it, but either way doesn't look like I can.

So I guess my questions left..
Are these AT&T business accounts worth looking in to? Has anyone here tried them? Anything I should know before? I can't find much info on the AT&T website since they're a discontinued service.

Does anyone have any speedtests or just general votes towards or against WirelessNWifi? I've seen good reviews, but not many reviews.

I think WirelessNWifi is my easiest legit option, but I am curious about the AT&T business accounts like this one

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

You might try asking about the AT&T business accounts in the AT&T Wireless forum.
»AT&T Wireless