spc
Search similar:

uniqs
aereolis
join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

aereolis

[Cable] ZtC

So zap the cap for unlimited downloads.....

On 100/10 i'd get 21/10 right from 8pm to midnight?

Do we have to enable it each and every month or can I activate it once and in 10 months time disable it? Or go before 8pm on the first of every month to the website and enable ztc?
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

I believe once you activate it is defaults to being on for the following month, however you could turn it off at anytime prior to the first of the next month and be subject to your usual data caps.

If i am wrong someone please correct me.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

If it's not on before 8pm on the first then I believe it queues it for the next month.
chrisA
join:2012-08-23
Hamilton, ON

chrisA to aereolis

to aereolis
I can confirm that it will stay enabled from month to month until you explicitly turn it off.
aereolis
Brampton, ON

aereolis

Thx
Lantase
join:2008-08-16
Chatham, ON

Lantase to aereolis

to aereolis
Wouldn't it be 15/10?

»help.teksavvy.com/hc/en- ··· -the-Cap

Says anything over 45 is 15.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

Between the hours of 8pm and 12am your download speed will be reduced as follows:

Package Internet Speed / Zap The Cap Speed

Up to and including 7 Mbps / 3 mbps
Up to and including 15 Mbps / 6 mbps
Up to and including 25 Mbps / 9 mbps
Up to and including 45 Mbps / 12 mbps
Up to and including 99 Mbps / 15 mbps
100 Mbps+ / 21 mbps

Outside of the 8pm to 12am Zap the Cap window, you will receive your full download speed.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yeah looks like we need to update that faq.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Working on getting it updated right now.
Festeron5
join:2002-05-13
Markham, ON

Festeron5

The FAQ hasn't been changed yet.

Marc seemed to think it was out-of-date. What are the new numbers? As a ZtC advocate, I'd really like to know.
redeye95
join:2014-01-22
Mississauga, ON

2 edits

redeye95

my experience with ZtC is that it sometimes got "stuck" during the day... ( i have 25/10/400GB) and noticed several times that my Download speed during the day was stuck at 9 Mbps... which went back to the normal VDSL speed of 25 after i rebooted the modem...(smartRG) (BTW it is moot point because i only used 65-80 MB during the months that it was on)

SO.... i just turned it off, and will just go unlimited...

in ZtC's defense, i was able to watch 2 NETFLIX 1080p steams at once in the 8-12pm (ZtC) zone...

Edit... sorry...Darn!... I meant Download speed, not upload speed...

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to Festeron5

Premium Member

to Festeron5

ZtC

It has been updated already. Previously it listed all speeds above 45mb would go down to 15Mb.

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

1 edit

ShawnS to redeye95

Premium Member

to redeye95

Re: [Cable] ZtC

Hello redeye,

Of course unlimited is always an option, but if you'd prefer ZtC and it isn't functioning properly feel free to post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum and we'll work on getting that fixed up for you

Shawn S
aereolis
Brampton, ON

aereolis to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
"Overage on all packages that are not unlimited* will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $50/month.

*Plans that have a download speed of 50Mbps or more are not subject to the $50/month overage cap."

Perhaps this should be updated on the 100mbit package? They kinda contradict each other... it's under overage charges.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hey aereolis,

What you are quoting here means that if you are not on an unlimited package and that package is under 50Mbps, there's a limit of $50/month at $0.50/GB

If you are on a package that is not unlimited and is 50Mbps and over, there is no cap of $50/month (still 0.50/GB/month). This also applies for the 100 package. Although when ZtC is enabled, your package technically becomes an unlimited package so you don't need to worry about overages at that point.

We could update the wording as it is a bit confusing, we do have a section on our knowledge base that explains it a bit better: »help.teksavvy.com/hc/en- ··· -Charges

Thank you,

Jonathan

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Right Jonathan but I believe we are changing that to also have the cap. Should be updated soon I believe. Check with Andre plz.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Sounds good.
aereolis
Brampton, ON

aereolis

Yeah I understood it all and how it works, just saying wording was a bit confusing. You guys should also include in a more prominent place (with the plans?) on your website notes about how ztc is an optional feature on all 400gb plans as well how uploads don't count towards your cap & are unlimited. They are selling features to teksavvy, and some people struggle to compare packages with rogers getting crazy with their current 100/250 offerings. The website is a sales tool and you *should* want that to be reflected.
GreyArea51
join:2013-12-03
SW Ontario

2 edits

GreyArea51

said by aereolis:

You guys should also include in a more prominent place (with the plans?) on your website notes about how ztc is an optional feature on all 400gb plans as well how uploads don't count towards your cap & are unlimited.

Yep, have to agree on both points. A potential new customer browsing the website plans would not see anything about ZtC.

The Uploads-Not-Counting feature NOT being on the website has been puzzling to me. I, and others, have mentioned it more than once to TSI personnel over the last few years. It's almost seems like they don't really want to post it on the website as 'official policy', for some reason. Better to just leave it as a 'casual mention' in some forum post!?!?

edit2: Off-topic DSL Promo info removed