Search similar:

uniqs

weston631
@verizon.net

1 recommendation

weston631

Anon

FiOS Internet Issues

I have all three services with FiOS, and my Internet connection is 50/50 Mbps. When I do a speed test, I get even more than 50/50 Mbps. However, in the last few months, the web browsing has been at times, very slow. The sites will hang, not go over, freeze, etc. Everything runs smoothly on my PC other than IE11.

I have Windows 7 (64 bit) and Internet Explorer 11. I disabled add-ons, reset IE settings, and even as a last resort, I did a factory restore. The issue remains. I am even using a "wired/Ethernet" connection.

One example is my home page is Verizon (»fiostrending.verizon.com ··· =g4mgrtd). When I go to my homepage, many times, it will not let me go to another website after typing in a website and pressing "Enter". The website will just not "turn over".

Could this be a DNS issue, and in general, does FiOS have any ongoing DNS issues that can have this type of issues?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

Could try changing DNS servers »www.google.com/url?sa=t& ··· 99,d.eXY
Could also be a virus or browser hijack

lew_b
Premium Member
join:2003-05-11
Poughkeepsie, NY

lew_b to weston631

Premium Member

to weston631
You don't happen to use Spybot's 'Immunize Browser' function do ya' ?
It created a 'hosts' file with about 14K entries on my machine that damn near stopped my browser, almost looked like a DNS issue.

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII to weston631

to weston631
I use a 15,000 line Hosts file supplied by »winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

I see no impact on page to page transitions. The only impact is I can't click on the ads in a Google search results. I do not miss all the pop-ups.

Page to page transitions are affected by so many things. Routing, server loads on the route, server load on the serving server, etc. I do use the Google DNS service.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to weston631

to weston631
Have you cleared the ARP cache? A quick web search produces a result that "...symptoms that the ARP cache requires clearing include the computer's operating system failing to function properly, numerous websites failing to load, and interruptions in network or Internet connectivity."

A command prompt (perhaps an elevated command prompt is required) "netsh interface ip delete arpcache" command clears the ARP cache.

Just a thought -- it might not help.
sultanofswim
join:2002-05-27
Oakton, VA

sultanofswim to weston631

to weston631
I have a similar issue and i have posted about it here.
»[Networking] Verizon Router dropping DNS requests intermittently

I dont have a solution though.