join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

BryanInPHX to CoxTech1

Premium Member

to CoxTech1

Re: RI Mini box lineup?

said by CoxTech1:

That link should list all of the requirements for the channels offered. Some for example may have a * next to them which you an look up at the bottom of the page. Often this refers to equipment issues that come up.

Will you go on record and state for certain, that once a market completes the All Digital transition, that all channels in the Starter and Essential TV will be Linear and none will be left using SDV.

No one has been willing to answer that question.

Is Grandma, not going to receive, certain channels in the Essential Pak because they are still deployed using SDV.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Thats what I was wondering. They aren't going to use PPV or pay channels and mostly just want the locals so I am even considering OTA. But I figured since I will be having a cable signal going there, might as well use it right?

But with only needing the OOB/Tx for activation, I am hoping to get by with a cheaper Motorola one way amp I have laying around. Going to try to go drop > grounded splitter > 1. Modem 2. Amp > 3 to TV's. But need to take signal readings. What is the suggested thresholds for the mini boxes? I assume higher is better? Or do you get fragmentation.

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1 to BryanInPHX

to BryanInPHX
Yes it's my understanding that existing SDV channels in the starter/essential packages are supposed to be transitioned to linear for the mini-box.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX

Premium Member

Thank You,