Satch
join:2009-11-25

1 edit

1 recommendation

Satch

[TV] Live Boxing Shows Missing and Vanishing from STB Advanced Keyboard

Greetings, TWC,

Wanted to send some feedback on the Advanced Search Keyboard System,

I can confirm that Live Boxing Shows are NOT being picked up by the Advanced Search keyboard although they show in the Time Grid. On occasion, when they do show up, they are gone the next day. Story below:

I have submitted feedback on this and even included this in a post called "Where the Advanced Keyboard Search Needs Improvement." The live boxing, almost never found on the advanced search keyboard is a prime example. I will even give updated detail to this feedback:

1.) I do a search for Boxing on the keyboard. And results show only one folder and some out of date fight not in the folder most of the time. If you go to this folder and open it, all you get are VOD old boxing matches no new live content.

2.) Twice this week and once last week there was a SECOND boxing folder in boxing search results. That folder contained matches for HBO, Showtime, and all the live boxing shows this week.

3.) Twenty-Four hours later, the second folder containing the live boxing shows is gone! Than what happens is a fight about two weeks out gets added to the system, but with no time or cover art. The other user, discusses a similar issue in the link below. I am sure has had a similar experience.

4.) The second folder that appears and disappears in step two, is vanishing every other day for no reason!

This means that users have to go on-line to program their boxing shows, when the data is there, or use the Time Grid to find all boxing shows. The new keyboard cannot be trusted to show live boxing data.

I hope this is fixed in the next update. Which brings the B button list all titles of a search back to the modern boxes. If live boxing shows are in the Time Grid, (and they are.) They should always be picked up by the keyboard and this is not happening.

I am in Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin. I have an Arris box. But I had a Cisco box with the same thing described above. The older SA boxes were always able to find our boxing shows. Another customer reports the exact same thing with the keyboard data when searching for boxing shows with his Cisco box. Rebooting the box has no effect.

He and I ask the same question. Why are the shows in question picked up by the TWC TV application and other mobile devices, but not on the boxes? I believe that if the data is in the Time Grid, the keyboard should be able to find the information. We know that this is not an individual account or a box problem because his Cisco and my Arris models produce the same effect. Please submit this keyboard bug to The Guide Development Team.

Much appreciated,

HOW TO TEST THIS BUG:

I would encourage TWC employees to test the search for "Boxing" shows in their homes, offices, and labs. Here are some steps to follow for specific testing of this issue.

Note the following:

1.) This bug applies only to the "Next Generation" boxes with the advanced search system. The SA model boxes therefore do not apply.

2.) When you run the test on any next generation box, do a "B" search for "Boxing." on the keyboard. select the "Boxing" Event option. If the cloud data is correct, testers should see two folders labeled "Boxing." Other boxing sub-folders may say things like "Solo Boxing" "Classic Boxing" or "Premier Boxing Champions." Employees should look at only the two folders that say "Boxing" when selecting Boxing-Event.

3.) If the cloud search is behaving correctly the TOP folder, of the two "Boxing" folders in the search, will list all the live boxing shows on broadcast, standard cable, and premium cable for the next 7-14 days. This is what users SHOULD see at all times. The folder on the bottom shows only boxing shows that are on VOD. Nothing live.

4.) If the cloud search is NOT behaving correctly, employees will see only ONE folder in searching for "Boxing" and selecting "Boxing Event," and maybe one old boxing match on the top, EMPLOYEES, IF YOU DON'T SEE TWO BOXING FOLDERS IN THE SEARCH FOR BOXING SHOWS, AND SELECTING "BOXING-EVENT,"THE ONE FOLDER SHOWN WILL ONLY SHOW VOD CONTENT WHEN SELECTED. No live content at all.

Testing of the cloud search needs to be sure that condition #3 holds each time. This should include box reboots and software updates.

If condition #4 happens, you can only search for live boxing shows through the Time Grid on the advanced set top boxes or go online to program the DVR that way.

I hope that these steps will assist in keyboard search reliability. Feel free to test.

UPDATE:

With regards to the above,

After holding for two days with the two folders selecting "Boxing Event" and the top folder correctly showing all live boxing shows, as of Today, July 28, 2015, we are back to the top folder gone again.

All that shows when selecting Boxing-Event instead of the top folder, showing live fights, is a fight that says, Andre Berto verses Soto Karass, a fight that happened about three weeks to a month ago.

The live boxing data is not holding in the cloud for more than three days at a time. Please forward accordingly, and consider this situation an on-going issue.

Satch
Satch

Satch

I am wondering,

What would cause this data to change like this? As the live boxing listings are always picked up in the Time Grid. However, they are often missing or inaccurate when searched with the keyboard. The instance below further studies the live boxing shows keyboard bug:

Several friends and I have reproduced the above steps I have given to recreate the data mentioned. THE ONLY WAY THAT THE KEYBOARD EVER SHOWS ANY LIVE BOXING LISTING DATA IS THAT WHEN SELECTING BOXING EVENT, ON THE KEYBOARD SEARCH, YOU MUST SEE TWO LABELED "BOXING" FOLDERS IN THE SEARCH AND THE TOP FOLDER CONTAINS THE LIVE DATA FOR BOXING SHOWS.

If only one folder shows in selecting Boxing Event for the keyboard results, that one folder only shows old VOD boxing programs. An old fight from three to four weeks back is often incorrectly taking the place of the live top folder in the tier. An error in the keyboard or cloud-set data structure is "kicking out" that correct top folder live boxing show data on-goingingly about every 12-72 hours. Or maybe it has something to do with how Tribune Media Services is uploading the data in the cloud to the advanced generation set-tops? It is a "Unique" kind of bug.

It seems that live boxing data mandates that those two folders must always be there in the search results when keying "Boxing-Event" on the keyboard. If those two folders exist, the top folder, with the live data, comes up with no problems for boxing shows, just like any other search results.

Thank you for passing along this additional information.

Satch
Satch

1 edit

Satch

I am now able to confirm the two folder situation,

Yes the keyboard must return two folders in search results when "Boxing" is keyed in on the Advanced Keyboard Set Top Box and "Boxing-Event" is selected:

1.) The top tier folder is confirmed as showing live boxing matches. This is the correct result.

2.) The bottom folder is old VOD content, never live.

3.) Absence of the top folder in search results when selecting Boxing-Event, and only one folder is shown, will return only old VOD content. No live boxing show data.

4.) The boxing match at the top of the search results NOT in a folder may be three weeks to a month old. (Maybe more.) The old match in condition #4 "kicks out" the correct live top folder in increments of 12 to 72 hours. Note, that I am not able to determine when the correct two-tier folder structure returns to the search results. Only that the correct results for whatever reason are not holding for a Boxing-Event search regardless of advanced STB make or model. This is a data bug.

Another distinction that might be important is that Wisconsin does not have the latest ODN build which returns the show instances of all titles of a show when the B button is selected to the modern boxes. (Like the legacy software.) Therefore, I cannot report if this issue is fixed in the latest ODN build or if it continues.

Satch
PartyGenius
join:2005-11-25
Buffalo, NY

PartyGenius

This is some good work. Hopefully this issue gets sorted out soon.
Satch

Satch

said by PartyGenius:

This is some good work. Hopefully this issue gets sorted out soon.

Thanks Party Genius!

Some might think it's not a big deal. But as a boxing fan and historian, I rely very heavily on accurate information for live upcoming boxing shows and events. Ever since we got one of the new advanced boxes with the new search back around the first week of May, I have not been able to trust the DVR to find the live shows using the keyboard.

I either have to go through the box's Time Grid, or go Online to My Account "My Services" through TWC TV, to use that more reliable search to find live boxing content. The old SA search system, although its keyboard was restricted to Title Content, never had this missing, inaccurate, or vanishing data issue.

I don't even know how well or not well other live sports are returned. I am hoping that the next update, which restores the B search of all title listings to the boxes improves things. I was wondering with regards to this issue, if any TWC techs would know:

1.) How often does the cloud data change concerning the STB Advanced Search keyboard?
2.) What would cause this big to occur in the first place?
3.) Is this a TWC issue, a Tribune Media Services listing issue, or maybe a bit of both?

Satch
Blizzard
join:2014-09-21

Blizzard

Is this the search that is available on the Moto DCX3200M?
Satch

Satch

said by Blizzard:

Is this the search that is available on the Moto DCX3200M?

The advanced keyboard search is where you hit the B button and a keyboard shows up and it says search TV Shows, Movies, Sports Teams, Genres, and Actors. You type in what you are seeking and it presents "Google-Like" Search results.

Legacy boxes had a search that was different. This was on the SA models. You had a horizontal listing of categories called things like Title, Theme, Rating. A second press of the select button would give you sub-categories relating to the category. Theme would say things like Movie, Sports, Rating. And than there were sub categories for the Theme. The keyboard allowed you to search for the title of the movie or show you were seeking.

Sports searching on the legacy boxes was confusing, because you had to know how the box organized the title of the sport that you were seeking. For example for Baseball listings, you had to start to type MLB Baseball, for Football, NFL Football. If you did not know how the name of the sport was organized for legacy boxes, you would not get the desired result using the keyboard.

To stay on topic, the legacy boxes always had a Boxing category in the sub-category for Sports and you could go down the list and see the forthcoming LIVE Boxing matches on HBO, Showtime, ESPN and so forth. The data was always there.

On the modern boxes with the new keyboard search, it's a total crapshoot whether or not you get live boxing show results. As stated, you have to see two folders in the search results when typing in Boxing, and selecting Boxing-Event. The top folder has the correct live boxing show data. The bottom folder is only VOD content and nothing live.

If that top folder in the Boxing-Event search results tier is missing, or replaced with a old boxing match going back weeks to a month ago, it is impossible to search for live boxing matches using the advanced search keyboard until whenever TWC or Tribune Media Services "corrects" the data. Than a few days later that top folder in the Boxing-Event advanced keyboard search is gone, and I lose important business from the sites I manage if I don't get what live boxing shows are on from other sources. The above bug when it happens makes the advanced search keyboard useless, simply because reliability is too unpredictable.

Satch
Satch

Satch

May have found a pattern to the bug,

No change in the bugs described in this thread. The Keyboard Boxing Event search two-tier folder, top folder live show data is still vanishing in 12-72 hour increments. However, I may have found a possible pattern to the bug. An approximate pattern seems to be on a Sunday, the correct two folder structure will show when searching for Boxing, and selecting Boxing Event on the keyboard. By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, the top folder with the live boxing show data is gone and will stay gone for about 3-4 days. The live boxing show data shows up correctly beginning the following work and the top folder, showing the correct live show data vanishes by the middle of the week, repeating the same cycle over and over again.

I run a boxing website as an Administrative Consultant and because of this on-going bug cannot trust the Advanced Search set-top keyboard to show live-data for the show schedules. This may not be a huge deal to an average user, but to a business person it is very frustrating.

I have requested at the TWC Direct Forum for someone at TWC to forward this whole link as a bug report specifically to my local TWC Milwaukee Wisconsin Division. If there is an awareness of this issue at the local TWC cable level, it might get a resolution faster.

Thank you very much,

Satch
Satch

Satch

said by Satch:

May have found a pattern to the bug,

No change in the bugs described in this thread. The Keyboard Boxing Event search two-tier folder, top folder live show data is still vanishing in 12-72 hour increments. However, I may have found a possible pattern to the bug. An approximate pattern seems to be on a Sunday, the correct two folder structure will show when searching for Boxing, and selecting Boxing Event on the keyboard. By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, the top folder with the live boxing show data is gone and will stay gone for about 3-4 days. The live boxing show data shows up correctly beginning the following work and the top folder, showing the correct live show data vanishes by the middle of the week, repeating the same cycle over and over again.

I run a boxing website as an Administrative Consultant and because of this on-going bug cannot trust the Advanced Search set-top keyboard to show live-data for the show schedules. This may not be a huge deal to an average user, but to a business person it is very frustrating.

I have requested at the TWC Direct Forum for someone at TWC to forward this whole link as a bug report specifically to my local TWC Milwaukee Wisconsin Division. If there is an awareness of this issue at the local TWC cable level, it might get a resolution faster.

Thank you very much,

Satch

Bug Update:

As stated, two folders labeled "Boxing" (and ONLY "Boxing") must be found in the advanced keyboard search results when keying in "Boxing" and selecting "Boxing Event." for live boxing data to be returned by the advanced search STB keyboard. This live show data is found in the Top folder. Often a folder labeled "Premier Boxing Champions" containing an old fight is taking the place of the correct top two-tired "Boxing" folder. (Or sometimes the top result will incorrectly show a several weeks to months old fight outside of a folder.)

New boxing shows that are live, need to be in the top folder. Once that two-tiered folder structure is tested and holds for an extended period of time, this bug should be solved.

Satch
Satch

2 edits

1 recommendation

Satch

More Feedback,

Today, Sunday, August 9. 2015 when typing in Boxing and Selecting Boxing-Event we have the correct two-tier folder structure of live boxing shows in the top folder and VOD boxing shows on the bottom.

Submit this as a benchmark for testing. The problem is now making that live top folder hold 24/7 so that it is not replaced sometime between tomorrow through the end of this coming week with another old fight outside the folder, or the "Premier Boxing Champions" folder containing old fights. Correct data search must only show the following conditions:

1.) Key "Boxing" on Keyboard. Select "Boxing Event."
2.) Top Folder says, "Boxing" nothing else. Top folder contains live boxing matches.
3.) Bottom folder says "Boxing" and contains VOD matches.

Note that even if a live PPV boxing match is forthcoming it should be in that top folder. (The next boxing PPV is September 12th: Mayweather vs. Berto, keep this in mind when evaluating this bug.) When the top folder is gone, ALL live boxing data vanishes from the boxing search along with it!

In a future software update, perhaps you could show a forthcoming PPV boxing match separate from the two-tier folder structure. However, that might be confusing. The purpose of folders is to consolidate the data into a logical place. When the two-tier folder results work correctly, with live Boxing in the top boxing folder, and VOD in the lower boxing folder when selecting Boxing-Event, the data is much easier to navigate.

In a nutshell what this means is when searching for Boxing through the keying of Boxing and selecting Boxing-Event in the search result, as long as you can see the two "Boxing" folders in the tier, everything should be OK.

Regards,

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Ok. So its 10.25 pm Sunday Night East Coast Time.

I press the Blue Search Button.
and use the select to type the word Boxing.

I see two folders both called Boxing.

The First Folder contains a number of VOD Boxing shows and three that looks like live bouts on Sat, Fri and Tuesday. NBCSN, SPIKE and Showtime are the three channels.

The second Folder contains more VOD Fights and three upcoming older fights on NBCSN and Showtime.

I have no clue about boxing but the amount of older fights on VOD is very impressive.

Hob
Satch

Satch

said by hobgoblin:

Ok. So its 10.25 pm Sunday Night East Coast Time.

I press the Blue Search Button.
and use the select to type the word Boxing.

I see two folders both called Boxing.

The First Folder contains a number of VOD Boxing shows and three that looks like live bouts on Sat, Fri and Tuesday. NBCSN, SPIKE and Showtime are the three channels.

The second Folder contains more VOD Fights and three upcoming older fights on NBCSN and Showtime.

I have no clue about boxing but the amount of older fights on VOD is very impressive.

Hob

How are you Hob?

1.) For testing you want to B search for Boxing
2.) Select the Boxing-Event Folder for the search
3.) You should always see two folders labeled "Boxing" at this time. The top folder is live, forthcoming bouts on the channels, the bottom folder is VOD. I agree the VOD older stuff is cool!

What we are trying to figure out is that in following the steps above, there is a bug where in approximately 12-72 hour increments the top folder containing the live boxing shows keeps vanishing from the "Boxing-Event" folder selected search. When the live folder is gone:

a.) An old fight that happened weeks to months ago takes the place of the live boxing folder. OR

b.) A folder containing "Premier Boxing Champions" containing old fights replaces the live "Boxing" folder data.

It is possible that a live PPV boxing show might "replace" the top folder data. But there is no PPV boxing until September, so cannot test until that time.

When condition "a" or "b" happens, which is usually by the middle of the week, no live boxing shows show up in the keyboard system because the live "Boxing" folder. (The top folder of the results contained within the Search for Boxing and Selecting of Boxing-Event ) is gone. Subs have to wait for the top folder to "reappear" usually by Monday to be gone again by the middle or later in the week.

With the live Boxing folder not staying in the system, you have to go through the inconvenience of using the Time Grid to find live boxing content, or use a TWC on-line system such as TWCTV.com, or some other scheduling service outside of TWC.

It's a shame that the advanced search keyboard is so unreliable in this regard, because all the other new features on the box I think are rock-solid great! TWC's only problem with the boxes now is the unreliability of the advanced search system.

Satch
Satch

Satch

More feedback based on my own testing,

I ran my own test on the two-tier folder structure in keying in Boxing and Selecting Boxing Event:

Last Saturday, we had the top folder of the live boxing shows gone and replaced with various old boxing matches. Bottom folder is always there no matter what and shows VOD boxing content.

From Sunday to Monday the correct two-tiered boxing folder comes back. By Tuesday the correct two-tier folder structure is gone. Top folder is replaced with an old boxing match or" Premier Boxing Champions" folder containing old fights. This incorrect data structure exists until the following Sunday when the correct two-tier folder structure returns and the cycle repeats itself. (Top "Boxing" folder with Live boxing show data in keyboard search results on Sunday and Monday,gone by Tuesday, correctly returning, but not till the following Sunday.) From Tuesday through Saturday, it is impossible to find live boxing show data using the Advanced Search keyboard on the set-top box.

When this incorrect data structure was in effect for the live boxing shows, (Today, Tuesday we had the Premier Boxing Champions folder replacing the live "Boxing" folder,) I keyed in another Sport, Tennis, and selected a Tennis-Event. Selecting Tennis-Event shows the correct two-tier folder structure even though we are only getting live boxing data two days out of seven! Embarrassing that I can only program live boxing shows from the STB on a Monday or Tuesday, because the live data is gone all other days!

I can conclude that the live boxing show data reappearing than vanishing, than reappearing and vanishing, is not an issue for other sports data, such as Tennis. Hopefully, by knowing the days that this data is correct and not correct for the Boxing/Live Boxing-Event data structure, might help produce a bug fix.

I hate having to use other sources to find live boxing shows because of the inconvenience associated with this advanced keyboard search bug! This really needs to be fixed ASAP.

Satch
Satch

1 edit

Satch

This is an easier to follow list of the steps involved in reproducing this data bug, it's frequency, and its duration:

Live Boxing Show Top Folder Vanishes From Advanced STB Keyboard from the results of a Boxing keyboard search and a Boxing-Event list selection: (Steps to Test.)

1.) Search for Boxing on any advanced set top keyboard. (i,e non-SA model)

2.) Scroll to the Boxing-Event Result.

3.) Correct result needs to show a two tier folder structure, with two folders labeled "Boxing." The top folder shows live boxing data. The bottom folder shows VOD data never live.

4.) The top folder with the live data must be there at all times and is not.

5.) Tests show the top folder with live boxing shows is present on Sunday through Monday.

6.) From Tuesday through Saturday the top live boxing folder vanishes and is incorrectly replaced with a folder called "Premier Boxing Champions" containing fights that are several weeks, to months old, if not more, or a very old fight will be at the top of the search results screen, instead of the Live Folder.

7.) Customers have to wait until Sunday of the following week for the correct two-tier "Boxing" folder result to reappear, only to have that top live folder gone by Tuesday and they have to wait till Sunday for the correct two tier folder to reappear when selecting "Boxing Event" on the STB advanced keyboard.

8.) The only times the correct two-tier folder structure is present when keying in boxing on the Advanced STB keyboard, and selecting Boxing event is Sunday and Monday. Customers cannot schedule any live boxing shows using the STB keyboard from Tuesday through Saturday because the top live Boxing folder, when keying in Boxing and selecting Boxing event is not available from the keyboard during that Tuesday through Saturday five day range.

9.) There is no problem with the above data when searching on such devices as TWCTV.com. But from Tuesday through Saturday, customers can only use the STB Time Grid to find live boxing shows The keyboard cloud data, with the correct result for keying in Boxing, and selecting "Boxing Event", only shows the correct two "Boxing" folders on Sunday and Monday.

10.) In a nutshell, the keyboard data required two-tier folder structure when keying in "Boxing" and selecting "Boxing-Event" for live boxing shows is not holding 24/7.

This consolidated list should make testing easier for the techs to follow.

Satch
Satch

2 edits

Satch

said by Satch:

This is an easier to follow list of the steps involved in reproducing this data bug, it's frequency, and its duration:

Live Boxing Show Top Folder Vanishes From Advanced STB Keyboard from the results of a Boxing keyboard search and a Boxing-Event list selection: (Steps to Test.)

1.) Search for Boxing on any advanced set top keyboard. (i,e non-SA model)

2.) Scroll to the Boxing-Event Result.

3.) Correct result needs to show a two tier folder structure, with two folders labeled "Boxing." The top folder shows live boxing data. The bottom folder shows VOD data never live.

4.) The top folder with the live data must be there at all times and is not.

5.) Tests show the top folder with live boxing shows is present on Sunday through Monday.

6.) From Tuesday through Saturday the top live boxing folder vanishes and is incorrectly replaced with a folder called "Premier Boxing Champions" containing fights that are several weeks, to months old, if not more, or a very old fight will be at the top of the search results screen, instead of the Live Folder.

7.) Customers have to wait until Sunday of the following week for the correct two-tier "Boxing" folder result to reappear, only to have that top live folder gone by Tuesday and they have to wait till Sunday for the correct two tier folder to reappear when selecting "Boxing Event" on the STB advanced keyboard.

8.) The only times the correct two-tier folder structure is present when keying in boxing on the Advanced STB keyboard, and selecting Boxing event is Sunday and Monday. Customers cannot schedule any live boxing shows using the STB keyboard from Tuesday through Saturday because the top live Boxing folder, when keying in Boxing and selecting Boxing event is not available from the keyboard during that Tuesday through Saturday five day range.

9.) There is no problem with the above data when searching on such devices as TWCTV.com. But from Tuesday through Saturday, customers can only use the STB Time Grid to find live boxing shows The keyboard cloud data, with the correct result for keying in Boxing, and selecting "Boxing Event", only shows the correct two "Boxing" folders on Sunday and Monday.

10.) In a nutshell, the keyboard data required two-tier folder structure when keying in "Boxing" and selecting "Boxing-Event" for live boxing shows is not holding 24/7.

This consolidated list should make testing easier for the techs to follow.

Satch

Today, Monday August 17th 2015,

I have an update. All of the steps above still apply, except in steps 5, 6, and 8 there has been a change. As of yesterday, Sunday the 16th, the correct two tier search results "Boxing" folders were there when selecting Boxing-Event. That correct result did not even hold till Monday, not even one day.

No less than 24 hours later, Monday, August 17, the top folder is gone. "Premier Boxing Champions" is listed in its place. When selecting that, there is no cover art or options for the show. It lists the Abner Mares-Leo Santa Cruz fight, with no options to take on that mach. A match not even scheduled until August 29th on ESPN. All the live boxing shows and the missing top folder are gone.

For the forthcoming fight data to be correct the Mares-Santa Cruz fight is supposed to be inside the top folder of a keyboard Boxing search and Boxing-Event results query with the options to go the top "Boxing" folder, select it, scroll through the listings, and take action on the show. (Set to Record, Remind, ect.)

Note the following to add to the above 10 steps. (I have marked this as #11.)

11.) The Boxing keyboard search, Boxing Event top Live show folder with the correct times and dates for all live forthcoming boxing shows may vanish in as little as 24 hours from showing this correct top folder. (Bottom folder still always, and correctly shows VOD data.) The bottom folder has never been a problem.

12.) Correct live boxing show data in the top folder resulting from a Boxing Search, and Selecting Boxing-Event will, in as little as 24 hours from the data being correct, once again show any of two types of incorrect data. Any of the following may appear in a Boxing Keyword search and selecting Boxing Event:

Possible Bug #1-Correct two tier "Boxing" folders are gone. Instead, searches show the top folder replaced with either a folder showing "Premier Boxing Champions" containing old fights, or sometimes the top folder replaced with "Premier Boxing Champions". Fight data within this folder, may show a fight over a week out, and will be missing cover art with no actions to take on it or cover art shown.

Possible Bug #2: Correct two tier boxing folders are gone. A search result for Boxing and selecting Boxing-Event will show an old fight outside with no folder, replacing the correct top folder. This old match can be recorded and selected with cover art and options available.

However, in both instances of Bugs 1 and 2, there is no live Boxing folder available in the a Boxing Event Search. The use of the time grid is the only way in either of these instances to find live boxing shows through the advanced STB.

Correct form: Search for Boxing on the keyboard, Select Boxing Event, and see two folders labeled "Boxing." Goal is to have that search result come up 24/7 on that type of search.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Good luck with this, I am struggling to keep up with it.
Not entirely sure who you are directing these posts too either.

Hob
Satch

Satch

said by hobgoblin:

Good luck with this, I am struggling to keep up with it.
Not entirely sure who you are directing these posts too either.

Hob

Hi Hob,

There is a lot of stuff here and it is confusing. I am hoping that these comments are intended as feedback about the new STB advanced search.

I hope they go to the guide developers to work on solving this issue. Since I don't know who to pass this stuff along to directly, I have provided this topic and feedback on the TWC forums hoping that someone can solve this issue. Years ago, I thought fixes like these were easy. But people in the tech field have said a lot of times they are not so much.

Satch
Satch

Satch

Hey All,

Just a quick recap here. Wisconsin does not have the latest ODN update:

1.) Advanced Keyboard STB search for Boxing and Selecting Boxing-Event shows two "Boxing" folders in search results from Sunday to Tuesday of any week. The top folder contains live boxing shows for the next 7-14 days. This is the correct format. The bottom folder for VOD boxing content is not effected.

2.) By Wednesday through Saturday of every week, the top folder containing all live boxing shows vanishes and is replaced by an old fight or folder weeks to months old, Sometimes even a year old.

3.) Customers must wait until the following Sunday for the top boxing folder containing live data to come back again. Customers can only schedule live advanced STB boxing shows through the keyboard from Sunday to Tuesday. The only way that once can schedule live boxing shows through the STB keyboard from Wednesday through Saturday is to use the Time Grid, or some outside source such as TWC TV.com.

Has this issue been either fixed or at least improved with the new B-button auto search update?

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Yawn

Hob