uniqs

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

Delayed 10 seconds CCs on HBOEHD 518 channel?

Hello.

Is it me or is HBOEHD 518 channel having closed captioning issue? They seem to be about ten/10 seconds behind. It's not even a live show. I saw it in my 8/8/2015 4:55 PM PDT's The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies movie/film recording and current broadcast (a NFL documentary) on this channel. 517, 519, and other non-HBO channels looked fine.

Is anyone else seeing this too or just me?

Thank you in advance.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Suit Up

"Night at the Museum" is on right now and they seem to be perfectly in sync.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by Suit Up:

"Night at the Museum" is on right now and they seem to be perfectly in sync.

Wow, you're right. That is in synced for me too. I wonder if it is random?
ifa
join:2009-07-17
New York, NY

1 recommendation

ifa

I've had similar cc issues with a couple of HBO channels as well as Showtime. Rebooting the box does not solve the problem.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

4 edits

antdude

Premium Member

said by ifa:

I've had similar cc issues with a couple of HBO channels as well as Showtime. Rebooting the box does not solve the problem.

Have you noticed any patterns from yours like what was showing and stuff?

FYI for today on Sunday, 9/13/2015, I did quick checks on HBOEHD 518 channel:

At about 8:40 AM PDT for the non-recorded "Into the Storm" movie/film airing, and its CCs were fine.

At about 4:45 PM PDT for the non-recorded Norbit movie/film, its CCs were fine.

At about 10:10 PM PDT for a non-recorded "Hard Knocks Training Camp With the Houston Texans" documentary had the ten seconds delay for its CCs. I believe this was the same documentary that I saw last night too.

At about 11:30 PM PDT, Doll & Em's CCs were fine.

I also found a 4/5/2015 recording of Into the Storm movie/film that did not have any CC delays.

It seems to be specific of what was shown?
ifa
join:2009-07-17
New York, NY

1 recommendation

ifa

Last night the problem was that the cc was so small that it was practically illegible. This happened on AMC during the broadcast of Fear the Walking Dead.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

4 edits

antdude

Premium Member

9/14/2015+

said by ifa:

Last night the problem was that the cc was so small that it was practically illegible. This happened on AMC during the broadcast of Fear the Walking Dead.

Interesting. I did not have that font size problem during my last night's recording. I DID have that problem with a Mr. Robot's 8/5/2015 9:00 PM PDT episode recording from channel 67's USAHD though. See my »Closed Captionings showing different sizes depending on screen? thread about that.

As of 11 AM PDT, Lucky You movie/film was fine with its CCs.

As of 8:15 PM PDT, Kill The Messenger movie/film was fine with its CCs.

--

9/15/2015

1:10 PM PDT, live Real Time With Bill Maher from 9/4/2015 was delayed with its CCs.

9:45 PM PDT, Doll & Em's CCs were in synced.