Search similar:

uniqs

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M

Installing thermal fuse question

Hi guys,

I'm looking on installing a thermal fuse on my 3D printer. The fuse that i'm currently looking at are the coffee machine style (look like a thin axial capacitor).
But, looking at the pictures, I think that one of the leeds is tided to the fuse's outer shell.

Some specs,
-- the heater is a silicon based heater, 500W@110V sticking under a 3mm (1/8 inch) aluminium plate.
-- fuse is :Microtemp Thermal Fuse 4283A 141C Red »www.ebay.ca/itm/331631375522
-- PTFE tube is (inner: 4mm, outer: 6mm) »www.ebay.ca/itm/32186974 ··· 14334392

i'm thinking of using the PTFE tube to electrically isolate the fuse from the aluminium bed plate (that I need to put as close as possible.

Now, the bed goes up to 110C max when printing but the silicon heater can go much higher than that.

I'm concerned that the 6MM outer diameter of the teflon will prevent the fuse from receving the required heat to blow.

Any of you knows about this king of fuse and its operation ? is the tubing to think to affect its operation ?

Thanks,

Jeff C.

electric
@fusionbroadband.com

1 recommendation

electric

Anon

said by Rigor_M:

i'm thinking of using the PTFE tube to electrically isolate the fuse from the aluminium bed plate

What an amazingly bad idea.
Use a thermally conductive insulator instead.

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium Member
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

1 recommendation

SmokChsr to Rigor_M

Premium Member

to Rigor_M
On that style the case is part of the circuit path. There are some where the case is isolated. One of those might work better in your application