All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jumper1981
join:2015-01-28
Chloe, WV

jumper1981

[DSL] Problems finding updated firmware for NETGEAR B90-755044-15.

I noticed that my router/modem is dropping wireless devices again and during mid-stream to my Seagate NAS drive which is wired to this modem but accessed wireless by another PC the video with glitch every few minutes. I suspect that it must be true what the other forums are saying about the firmware needing updated, but I cannot find a recent or the most recent update. Also, I have noticed that this modem will not let me set the DNS manually. The other dsl modems I have had including an identical model would let me set up the dns manually...but I don't have them anymore. I suspect that it is either locked out by frontier or a bad firmware flash left the device lacking key features...like working correctly.

Any advice?

Again, wireless being interrupted periodically and dns cannot be manually set.

frontiertech
@frontier.com

frontiertech

Anon

you can change the dns manually it is in the atm section of network connections in modem where the VPI and VCI are..

on the clitch could wifi channel... modem could be getting interfearence from something in your home. the firm where can be loaded by a local tech or tech support if you really need it.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall to jumper1981

Premium Member

to jumper1981
What firmware version are you using?
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl

Try here:
»seansite.mooo.com/fronti ··· nt/7550/

jumper1981
join:2015-01-28
Chloe, WV

jumper1981

I actually found 06.05.12 as the most recent available firmware which is what I was running so I hard reset and cleared my PW and then flashed to the new but same firmware. It opened the VC section so I could change the DNS entries and it worked...and in checking and rechecking my personal network and home wiring I found a loose connection in my telephone point of presence(POP) and that was something the phone company did apparently. Upon fixing it my noise cleaned up, the modem started connecting to the local office(dslam) at the correct speed and the noise on my phone disappeared. I still have to check the wifi ability but have hopes it too is fixed. The seagate NAS I have is new(4 or 5 months old) and was highly rated as one of the best and most inexpensive choices...but I have read up on it's supposed 100MB connection ability. At max the realized transfer is 10-14Mb. While streaming a video even of high quality is not nearly that, network overhead and negotiation can interrupt streaming momentarily and I am looking into some tweaks to keep that stuff at a min. There is also a new firmware update ready for the NAS so that might help.

It is almost a full time job just keeping my home network and 2 desktops and 2 laptops and 1 wifi device running. Thanks for the help.