spc
Search similar:

uniqs
peterman25
join:2008-06-19
Laveen, AZ

peterman25

[CATV] SDV Channels

Anybody in AZ / PHX using cablecard have problems with SDV channels lately? I use a HD Homerun Prime with a cable card and Cisco tuning adapter. Everything was fine on Saturday night. I tried last night and the SDV channels were not working. I check functionality of SDV channels by tuning Disney Jr., Nick Jr., and NHL network. Nothing works. Usually, a power cycle of the TA fixes any SDV problems. Well, not this time. I have not been in touch with Cox yet. I wanted to check here to see if anybody else had similar issues before I go home and deal with Cox. Thanks.
Fubar
join:2015-01-27
Phoenix, AZ

Fubar

All fine here on my Tivo.

Does the Tuning Adapter have a Solid green light?
Azlen
join:2010-05-03
Peoria, AZ

Azlen to peterman25

to peterman25
I have the tech here right now. There seems to be an outage. There have been a few people post on AVS with the same issues. Seems to be impacted the west side of town primarily.
peterman25
join:2008-06-19
Laveen, AZ

peterman25

Yes..My TA appears to be all good. Solid green.

Thanks for the info on the outage. I could be part of that being in Laveen. I'll be giving them a call tonight if SDV is still out when I get home.
Azlen
join:2010-05-03
Peoria, AZ

Azlen

You might be better off not calling them. I called the cable card number for Cox last night and they said they would send out a cable card trained supervisor today. The guy who ended up coming didn't even know what SDV was and was completely unfamiliar with cable cards. His supervisor told him to change out the tuning adapter. He left and the new tuning adapter is giving me the 8 blinks and pause which is in service disconnect mode. I think I was better off before.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to peterman25

Premium Member

to peterman25
Post your comments on the Cox Forums, include your City & ZipCode. I asked Becky to look into this issue.
»forums.cox.com/forum_hom ··· 582.aspx

Other reports here:
»www.avsforum.com/forum/4 ··· 38844257

AZTraxx
@2600:8800.x

AZTraxx to peterman25

Anon

to peterman25
I've lost the vast majority of my channels on my cablecard box and I'm in North Phoenix. Been this way for a couple days. Cox phone support was not able to help and I declined a truck roll because it has nothing to do with my home wiring. I don't know what else to do at this point. Cox does not seem to be taking this seriously.
gworkman
join:2005-10-18
Las Vegas, NV

gworkman to peterman25

to peterman25
Sorry I didn't see this earlier...I was also affected starting Wednesday morning. All is fine now (came back up around 9:00 Friday morning)
ryanmcv
join:2001-10-14
Phoenix, AZ
Asus GT-AXE16000
Alcatel-Lucent G-010G-A

ryanmcv to peterman25

to peterman25
Wish I would have discovered this thread last night. I'm in downtown Phoenix and noticed last night that I couldn't access several channels on my TiVo (FXX, Fox Business, MSNBC, and many others). Local channels seemed to be fine. Called Cox (took 30 minutes to find someone who knew about TiVo/Cable Cards) and they suspected an issue with my tuning adapter, so they scheduled a service appointment for this afternoon. A Cox tech just called me and said that there was an area-wide SDV/Cable Card outage that was resolved around 9:00am this morning, so he cancelled the appointment. All channels seem to be fine now.