spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nazir
join:2016-02-22
india

nazir

[H/W] C3560-24PS-S v05, reboots in loop, how to set tcam value

my c3560-24PS PoE switch boots in loop, keeps on restarting after initializing flash, loading IOS, on POST test it fails, stating following error..

Error unsupported TCAM mask size
Actual value = 0, Expected value = 8

POST Failed: disabling stack links and shutting down SDP

driver class subsystem initialization failed

*Mar 1 00:00:12.272: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHING: System pausing to ensure console debugging output.

*Mar 1 00:00:12.272: %SYS-2-ASSERTION_FAILED: Assertion failed: "reg_used_xdr_portid_to_lc_logical_slot()" -Process= "Init", ipl= 0, pid= 3
-Traceback= B988A4 B98FB8 B151FC 1A4770 1A4928 11E3D44 11E3DE4 BA43C0 BA45F0 9146B0 90B378

%Software-forced reload

I tried formatting flash, tried replacing 2 IOS images 1-c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE3.bin 2-c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5.bin

Tried googing a lot, but can't find solution one of the post said, it's hardware failure, agreed, but how can I fix it myself ? bought from ebay.
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

I put %SYS-2-ASSERTION_FAILED in to Google. Top hit was this:
»supportforums.cisco.com/ ··· inuously
nazir
india

nazir

I have seen that, it too says hardware issue, but how can I fix it, refer last portion, please correct me if I am wrong...
markysharkey
Premium Member
join:2012-12-20
united kingd

markysharkey

Premium Member

Yup, sorry, missed the same thing the responder did on that thread.

I don't know which bit of hardware may have failed.
If this is a recent eBay purchase I'd send it back. It'll be easier and cheaper than trying to fix it.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to nazir

MVM

to nazir
said by nazir:

I tried formatting flash, tried replacing 2 IOS images

go older -- maybe there's something wonky with the flash in a higher-order bit or so.
if that doesn't work -- then you're hosed. you can ebay one for not too much.

q.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to nazir

MVM

to nazir
said by nazir:

it too says hardware issue

2nd markeysharky and tubbynet See Profile... if it's a hardware issue, your time is more productively spent returning for a refund, or buying a new 3560.
It's no different than finding you have a bum CPU or stick of RAM, there's not much you can do to "fix" it.

What stands out for me from your POST output is this
said by nazir:

the ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) is a pretty lowlevel piece of hardware that's not really intended to be repaired "in the field."

Regards
nazir
india

nazir

NO RMA and bought it 15 months ago, so no refund too, any help will be appreciated
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to nazir

MVM

to nazir
As tubbynet See Profile suggested, try loading an older IOS. Otherwise, you're in the market for another 3560.

Regards