spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ylen131
join:2000-02-09
Canoga Park, CA

ylen131

Re: NAV Auto Download Daily updates Program

one little question is their anyway i can modify zonealarm to only give local sever to this ftp program and not to any other program.Head to uncheck block local server in order for it to work.

pream
join:2001-02-03
Jupiter, FL

pream to gt7697c

to gt7697c
I have a really stupid questions. How was "symcdefsi32.exe" arrived at to be the correct file. If I look at Symantec for Intelligent Updater, I find files like MMDDI32.exe. I FTPed to ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/antivirus_definitions/norton_antivirus/static/ and the update.txt file I see says nothing about "symcdefsi32.exe".

Am I missing something?

gt7697c
Premium Member
join:2001-02-16
The Hive

gt7697c

Premium Member

Here is how it was arrived at:
»service2.symantec.com/SU ··· 13035306

Look at the table in Link.

HTH.:)
Edit
Oops, here is some more info.:)

MMDD is basically referring to what month and day the defs are coming out. So what we want is something that is not always changing and is static, yet is updated daily on their end. That way we can update on our end easily.
So the file "symcdefsi32.exe" was chosen because it is updated regularly and always has the same the name, plus it works with the versions mentioned in the link that I gave above.

HTH.:)

ylen131
join:2000-02-09
Canoga Park, CA

ylen131 to gt7697c

to gt7697c
i programmed task scheduler to run the bat file every 4 hours.Is their anyway to have it minimized when it runs the file.I tried creating a shortcut and Specifying minimized but don't seem to have any effect on the task scheduler.

thanks for any info in advanced.

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
Ardmore, PA

MeeToo7 to gt7697c

Premium Member

to gt7697c
Here's a note about IU that I just noticed, don't know if you guys were aware of this.

"Important changes to Intelligent Updater
For retail editions of Norton AntiVirus, Intelligent Updater now searches for a valid subscription to virus definitions before it applies updates. Corporate versions of Norton AntiVirus are not affected by this change.

Corporate customers:

If you are running Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition, contact your company's network administrator regarding Norton AntiVirus updates.

Symantec Upgrade Insurance provides corporate customers with valid subscriptions to virus definitions and other benefits. If your Upgrade Insurance has expired, you can renew it by contacting your local sales representative or reseller.

Home and small business customers:

Virus definitions are available from Symantec with a paid subscription. If you purchased a retail version of Norton AntiVirus, Intelligent Updater detects whether your subscription is up-to-date. If your subscription has expired, you must renew it before using Intelligent Updater. Please run LiveUpdate from Norton AntiVirus to renew your subscription or access our online subscription renewal form.

For instructions on how to find your antivirus subscription expiration date, click here."

gt7697c
Premium Member
join:2001-02-16
The Hive

gt7697c

Premium Member

Umm.....the file downloaded is a Static Name file of the Intelligent Update. Meaning the name is not keyed off of the date, but is still updated with the latest defs.

The file should check and see if we have a valid subscription or not. (Of course, I can't verify this because my subscription is still in date.)