spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Alphasite
join:2005-07-27
Plano, TX

Alphasite

Frontier DSL PPPoE password

I'm visiting my mother in WV and she has Frontier DSL. I want to put her DSL modem (Netgear 7550) in bridged mode and use an ASUS RT-56R due to the issues with the firewall in the 7550.

I can see the PPPoE username in the 7550 but not the password. Can this be pulled from the 7550 or will I need to have Frontier reset it? My mother doesn't have any of the original paperwork.
djenks76
Premium Member
join:2016-04-01
Otwell, IN

djenks76

Premium Member

When I replace my modem, I had to contact Frontier to reset it for me. It's a password I created when I got service and didn't use it for over 2 years.
DeLiver3
Premium Member
join:2004-09-01
Cincinnatus, NY

DeLiver3 to Alphasite

Premium Member

to Alphasite
Does she use Frontier email? Password should be the same. 2nd guess, try the SSID (not kidding). Lastly, make a call.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Password may not be the same for her email. To my knowledge the password cannot be retrieved from the 7550. If she does not know the password then you are going to have to call Frontier to have it reset. Once that is done you can go on-line and change it to one of your choice.

Anon48059
@frontier.com

Anon48059

Anon

Hank you are correct you can't pull it from the 7550... But if you can get online you can go to frontier.com and reset it your self.

The full email xxxxx@frontier.com and password that goes with it is what goes into the modem

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B

Hank

Premium Member

said by Anon48059 :

But if you can get online you can go to frontier.com and reset it your self.

Are you saying that one does not need to know their password to go online and reset it? It has been my experience that one has to know the password to be able to log in and change it.
Alphasite
Plano, TX

1 edit

Alphasite

Thanks, everyone.

It turns out her line has a lot of issues so a tech has to come out. Hopefully the tech will replace the buried line that's 99% of her problem. When it rains the speed drops and there's a terrible buzz on the line.

Frontier is also sending out a replacement DSL modem so after that I'll change her to the RT-56R.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Did Frontier specially mention that router? The D2200D is the current modem combo that Frontier issues. Maybe they have that model left from the recent Verizon acquisition.
Alphasite
Plano, TX

Alphasite

said by Hank:

Did Frontier specially mention that router? The D2200D is the current modem combo that Frontier issues. Maybe they have that model left from the recent Verizon acquisition.

I asked and was told the 2200 instead of the 7550. Anything to be aware of with that model?

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B

Hank

Premium Member

Refer to this thread for an issue with the SSID:

»[DSL] [MODEM] Netgear D2200D Modem Keeps Resetting (Fix)

The modem does handle noise better than the 7550.
Alphasite
Plano, TX

Alphasite

said by Hank:

Refer to this thread for an issue with the SSID:

»[DSL] [MODEM] Netgear D2200D Modem Keeps Resetting (Fix)

The modem does handle noise better than the 7550.

Thanks for the pointer to that issue. The SSID she uses won't be an issue.

Frontier did add my email address to the ticket so I got copied on the shipping notification. The new DSL modem is due to arrive today but we'll wait on the tech before putting it in service.
Alphasite

Alphasite

The new DSL modem did arrive but the Frontier tech never showed. My mother called in and was told that a trouble ticket had been opened but an order wasn't put through. They opened another trouble ticket and promised a tech would be out Saturday. Again the tech never showed. He didn't show up again today, either.

No calls from Frontier saying they wouldn't be out, either.

That's absolutely stellar service there.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

That does happen all too often.