Anyone use this service? What is their proxy? LoL

Thanks
--
The faster, the better!

erikleung5

join:2002-03-30
Scarborough, ON

Yes, I do.

Sometimes it goes really fast , sometimes slow.

»cache:8080

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to toronto20012

in keeping with other rogers names ... it's either proxy:8080or cache:8080, and if you put that in the autoconfig script, it will set it up that way wherever they point the proxy.

That said, I have only ever seen speed decreases using the proxy, even on popular sites ... typically 10% decrease. I've yet to see a site load faster through proxy. So, I don't use it.

marvinmiller$
Marvin Miller

join:2002-01-10
Parksville, BC

Most people report that Roger's proxy server slows down their computers (completely opposite of what they are designed & installed to do).

On Shaw most people see close to a doubling of speed by using the Proxy (as it's designed to do)

Best;
Marvin
--
Shaw Rocks - 6 MegaBits & Rising »members.shaw.ca/MarvinMiller/

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07
reply to toronto20012

I put "http://proxy:8080" in automatic configuration script
Anyone know what the "proxy server" is for Rogers in Ontario?..Like the address and port?..
--
"That Tommy Hilfiger pose, can't block my verbal flows." - Tachichi

erikleung5

join:2002-03-30
Scarborough, ON

reply to toronto20012

Actually,

This is the address,

Check use a proxy server in your lan

put "http://proxy" in address area , and " 8080 " in port area.

check by pass local address.

note : uncheck automatally detect and uncheck use automatic configuation , there are no need to use this.

I found " proxy " and " cache " is the same thing in rogers.
[text was edited by author 2002-04-28 20:20:26]

Ricke B

@ym.rnc.net.cable.rog
reply to toronto20012

What if one is behind router?
I set the proxy to: proxy.mtki.phub.net.cable.rogers.com port 8080 in Windows, since this address matches my service area.

The performance with or without proxy is spotty (50-100KB), but I've seen 250KB/sec once or twice, while looking at the gauges, with proxy and only with proxy.

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

Just »proxy:8080/

I notice that sometimes it will corrupt files even with my cache cleared. I dono why that happens but otherwise I love the proxy.

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

So far the proxy does nothing positive for me on a 1.5 capped service ... it generally slows me down 10% ... generates corrupted files ... pages have more broken links often fixed on a reload ...

All in all, I refuse to use it.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to toronto20012

I too have never had any luck with the Rogers proxy. Its slow, often 2-3x slower than without it, pages load extremely long.... phew... why do they even have this useless thing installed? If they can't make it work, just get rid of it and spend the money on upgrading the nodes. Shaw used to have mad fast proxy before Rogers took over...
--
Go Leafs Go! Die Sens Die!