Search similar:

uniqs
artisticcheese0
join:2004-11-09
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

$1.99 "Internet Infrastructure Surcharge" on November bill

Click for full size
Just got this junk fee added to November bill. Called them and they told me it's "county tax", which I think is BS. I'm in North Texas.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

darcilicious

Premium Member

»[DSL] $2 "System Improvement Surchgarge"
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

They call it different names in different parts of USA?

Anone27c6
@vwcredit.com

1 recommendation

Anone27c6

Anon

Re: $1.99 "Internet Infrastructure Surcharge" on November bill

From my last bill:

Important Internet Service Information...
Beginning with this bill, customers not on an Internet
Service term agreement, price protection plan or subject
to other exclusions will be assessed a $1.99 per month
Internet Infrastructure surcharge. The Internet
Infrastructure surcharge is not a tax or governmental
charge. The Internet Infrastructure surcharge will apply to
customers on a price protection plan on their renewal
date. Questions? Please contact customer service.
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

I might have missed it but since I have $10 credit monthly I assume I'm on some sort of contract so not sure if it applies or not. Even more striking that customer service representative who handled my call just plain made up "county tax" as explanation for it.

Anon082bf
@frontiernet.net

Anon082bf to artisticcheese0

Anon

to artisticcheese0
I'm in the Portland, OR area and this BS just appeared on my bill for the first time as well.
ke7dkg
join:2010-09-13
Forest Grove, OR

6 recommendations

ke7dkg to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0
The explanation from the bill was me, sorry I wasn't logged in.

Here is the paste from the chat I just had:

The Internet Infrastructure Surcharge is not a government tax or government surcharge. This fee is to defray some of the costs of maintenance of the local network.
Shiela12:24 PM

So it just a way for you to increase my rates without going thru the local cable commission.
Me

This is an infrastructure charge for maintenance.
Shiela12:28 PM

Then why not just raise rates.......
Me 12:30 PM
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

If you search "internet infrastructure surcharge frontier" you will find threads on this forum from 2011 Frontier doing the same SH**
ultragc
join:2009-08-30
Rosemead, CA

1 recommendation

ultragc to ke7dkg

to ke7dkg
Hey, I just saw this too and got the same exact answer. This is what I got:

"I contacted our credit approval team for the Internet Infrastructure Surcharge however this charge is a valid surcharge and can't be waived. This will be the best price that we can offer for 150/150 Mbps and you already have the best promotion since the regular charge for 150/150 is $109.99 and we are giving it to you with a discounted price of $66.98 per month before taxes."

So what will stop them form imposing some crazy charges next week?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

6 recommendations

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by ultragc:

So what will stop them form imposing some crazy charges next week?

Absolutely nothing.
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

»www.computerworld.com/ar ··· rge.html

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

2 recommendations

darcilicious

Premium Member

That suit was filed over six years ago. And here's the outcome: »www.nka.com/news/frontie ··· pdate-3/ and the settlement details: »www.nka.com/wp-content/u ··· ment.pdf

For Minnesota residents only to boot...
ultragc
Rosemead, CA

ultragc

Now that they put the bill under the monthly service section, it is going to be harder to fight back. The CS basically said that the bill does provide the info about changes.

oregonmatt
join:2000-08-10
Hillsboro, OR

oregonmatt to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0
Just saw it today too. Boo.

Buggy4
join:2000-10-24
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

Buggy4 to darcilicious

to darcilicious
They really are just begging people to leave aren't they?

I've been getting jerked around on pricing and billing for months and this month everything was almost sort of finally fixed and now poof a new fee.

Anond8c60
@verizonbusiness.com

Anond8c60 to artisticcheese0

Anon

to artisticcheese0
They charge this in Texas as well. I have tried to talked but basically they said is a service charge. When my contract is done with this guys, I'm done with Frontier. This is just a big joke
mariol90
join:2005-07-23
Carrollton, TX
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-LR

mariol90 to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0

I have the same billing period (12/02/17 - 1/01/18) and it hasn't been added to my bill yet. I'm sure it will be soon. It's annoying they're dropping prices so much then decide to add random fees, but I'd still rather pay an extra fee and keep fios than switch back to Spectrum.
Mr Man
join:2015-07-29
Cartersville, GA

2 recommendations

Mr Man to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0

Price gouge diquised as a cost of maintenance fee.

If they stop paying their top heavy Execs echelon those inflated bonuses and commissions, they would not have to resort to trickery and have to nickel and dime consumers under this bogus f*ckery charge. They know they are hurting for customers and the worse they can do is this. If Frontier is smart, they will come up with a 2 to 3 year strategy to increase their customer base by waiving all those bogus charges, reduce by 50% to 70% the price of STB and router rentals, come up with a no contract price for life plan on all bundle and unbundled servces and start growing again. If in the face of competition they are scared of what other competitors will say, then they are toast. Frontier, you are so doing this wrong!! Time to call Uncle and change your business plan...and STOP the junk fees!!!!
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

I though the point of contract was that they can not change the terms of agreement including price. What is "price protection plan" they are talking about in their note?
ultragc
Rosemead, CA

ultragc

That is what I thought if you have a contract. When I contacted them, they said it was not a contract. Instead, it was just a one year renew at that price. Go figure!

Next month, they might be adding a new line item called "Happy Hour Fun" in your bill. : )
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

So if it's not a contract then it can be cancelled anytime on your side too. I will be looking around since I thought I'm under contract and apparently is not.

Anon79666
@frontier.com

2 recommendations

Anon79666

Anon

Fees like this are nothing new...Comcast had a "Broadband TV fee" back in 2012.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

1 recommendation

billhere

Spectrum looks cheap for new subscribers at $90 per month for a triple play with no taxes, no added fees, and a free DVR for 12 months. After that regular rates apply, whatever that means. I believe their Internet speeds are 100/10 with that package.
Frontier is offering a similar package in Southern California at $80 per month for new subscribers only, although I haven't noticed no taxes, no fees, and free DVR in their advertising. I am reasonably happy with my current Frontier service, especially 100/100 Internet speeds.

terabitz
join:2016-10-16
Thonotosassa, FL

terabitz to Anon79666

to Anon79666
Pretty sure you mean broadcast TV fee, as I cannot find any info on this "broadband TV fee" you speak of. That's a normal fee and all providers (including DirecTV and DISH) charge this for retransmission of your local stations.

Anon78d31
@frontiernet.net

Anon78d31 to Anon082bf

Anon

to Anon082bf
can confirm - here in Aloha, OR, noticed this on my November bill received today in December. I'm sure glad my bank notified me of the charge increase. I would never have known of this charge change otherwise...

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0
Click for full size
Guess I lucked out. Don't seem to have this bogus charge on my November bill in Florida.

Anonffba0
@rr.com

1 recommendation

Anonffba0 to ultragc

Anon

to ultragc
That’s less than I pay charter for 10/100 so I wouldn’t complain too much if I was you
xaebz56K
Premium Member
join:2002-05-18
Englewood, FL

xaebz56K to artisticcheese0

Premium Member

to artisticcheese0

I just got the same. I wonder if this is the new gimmick to raise prices. Last time it was a $2.00 hike on each of my three cable boxes out of the blue.

Anon91580
@rr.com

2 recommendations

Anon91580

Anon

said by xaebz56K:

I just got the same. I wonder if this is the new gimmick to raise prices. Last time it was a $2.00 hike on each of my three cable boxes out of the blue.

No doubt. It's only a matter of time before all cable companies start adding under the table fees for internet because of cord cutting.
artisticcheese0
The Colony, TX

1 recommendation

artisticcheese0

None of us is under contract who got price increase, right? So we can vote with our feet if we want to. No official reason to complaint really if you think. It's probably will be labeled as bait and switch but probably legal, is not it?