uniqs

drmorley
MVM
join:2000-12-20
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

Genie 2 - On Demand Not working

I've been a DTV sub for 14 years and recently upgraded to a Genie 2 a week ago. Prior to the upgrade the original Genie worked great with On Demand. Since the upgrade On Demand has never worked. Everything else has worked great.

I get the "1000 (DTV) is currently not available" message. I've tried many other channels and get the same message for network channels, movie channels, etc.

DVR: Genie 2 - Hard wired (Ethernet) to our home network and when I run the speed test it shows 4k so the Internet is connected and working.

I've tried the quick reset twice in a row and then waited 48 hours and still nothing. Any suggestions before I bit the bullet and call support?

critis
join:2002-01-24
Mullins, SC
·HTC Inc.

critis

Search all of CLEARMYBOX -this will reboot the receiver - it will not change any settings or lose any recording - it will flush all the Current guide data and VOD data and reload it fresh - It will take 24 to 48 hrs to fully populate - When your TV picture returns - Go to menu internet setting and test your connection - That will confirm to the (receiver) and you it is connected to the internet.
I found this awhile back. I had same problem and worked for me.

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

Thanks, I’ll give this a try and report back in 24 hours.
drmorley

drmorley

MVM

No luck. This didn't work. I put the Genie 2 box in the DMZ so it's not a port blocking issue. The box is wide open on my end.

The box shows connected to the Internet the apps load just fine, but On Demand and rewind to the beginning of a show still don't work.

They opened a ticket with engineering, but offered no time line on when it would be resolved.

Anon96786
@comcast.net

Anon96786

Anon

we had genie 2 installed 1/29/18 tech connected and rewind worked. menu showed (connect now) connect tech left. 30 minutes later genie2 updated to new grey screen version. rewind stopped working and (get connected now) moved to under internet setup, advance, network services, when you try connect now you get error 202 or 818. tech came out 3 days later replaced genie 2 tower and rewind connect now worked. tech waited for update to happened and ended with same problem. he said wait 48 which makes no sense, since when genie will not connect to server and did before update. tech suppose to be coming back sat did not show.

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

Yep, they're sending me a new tower, but I'm thinking this is a software issue with their firmware.

I also noticed that you can't download or stream shows to your iPhone or iPad via the app anymore.
dtv757
join:2008-09-20
Virginia Beach, VA

dtv757

It must be a temp issue with your setup

It works fine for me . I was using on-demand earlier today and my app works fine and .can view recording etc

Genie 2 customer since October 17
D* Customer since 2001

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

I go the app working, but still no On Demand.
TimCo
join:2005-01-14
Ronkonkoma, NY

TimCo

I have a HR44-500, the new software seems to have broken my VOD also, waiting for new box.
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to drmorley

to drmorley
You are NOT alone - D* pushed out an another version 1036 early am so someone is working on a change - replacing hardware and showing NO improvement would cause that occurrence to happen

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

said by westdc:

You are NOT alone - D* pushed out an another version 1036 early am so someone is working on a change - replacing hardware and showing NO improvement would cause that occurrence to happen

Is the 1036 available for the HS-17? Does the 02468 trick work with this model?
westdc
Amissville, VA

westdc

When pushed you will get it - and that code Does NOT work for the HS17

Nubsicles
join:2001-08-07
Decatur, GA

1 recommendation

Nubsicles to drmorley

to drmorley
Having the exact same issue (been a customer for 10 years). Genie 2 hardwired to our home network with a 4k mini, C61, C41, and Samsung RVU as clients.

Neither On Demand nor Restart are working (while TV Apps are, strangely). We made several support calls (with recommendations ranging from unplug the SIM/reset, to unplug + wait 30 s), then we started getting the wait 24 - 48 hours.

Had a tech physically come out and said the issue is known, but there's no fix at this time, they're working on it.

It's unfortunate as I like the setup (can modify all settings from any client, remotes seem to perform better, etc.), but lack of On Demand/Restart is kind of a buzzkill

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

2 recommendations

drmorley

MVM

Yeah, seems like this is a D* issue related to their hardware and/or software. There's a thread going in the DTV forums also.

I had a tech come out also and tried telling me it was due to my network setup and firewalls. When I connected my AT&T hotspot to the Genie 2 and still had the same results he acknowledged that it might be with Directv.

It's a major annoyance as I use the restart and on demand services more than just about anything else. For the first time ever I might be tempted to move to Comcast while they get this sorted out.

»forums.att.com/t5/DIRECT ··· #M234783
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

I would try and re-pull a software update
kinda pissed
join:2012-06-06
Newsoms, VA

kinda pissed to drmorley

to drmorley
Had the same issue when I upgraded to G2. No on demand for a few weeks then it just started working out of the blue.

gadawg
join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY

gadawg to drmorley

to drmorley
Is the genie 2 the new tower type box? More of a hub than a stb?
westdc
Amissville, VA

1 recommendation

westdc

The GENIE 2 is a HS-17 that does NOT have any TV direct output making it a Server (AND) the reason When you have one installed all older receivers are removed and on "CLIENTS" are installed .

Current POLICY

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley to kinda pissed

MVM

to kinda pissed
said by kinda pissed:

Had the same issue when I upgraded to G2. No on demand for a few weeks then it just started working out of the blue.

When did it start working for you? How recently?

Thanks for the information.
dtv757
join:2008-09-20
Virginia Beach, VA

dtv757

I must be lucky and didn't have issues.

I must have a lucky sever
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

Will say it again. Re download the firmware

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

said by comp:

Will say it again. Re download the firmware

How do you force the firmware download? The 02468 trick doesn't work on the HS17.

Thanks for help!
westdc
Amissville, VA

westdc

First if you are connected with a Lan Cable to your router/switch -Remove the lan cable- if connected wireless remove the data -then

Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing and WHILE solid white. Once it turns white THEN hold button down UNTIL it starts blinking...

The reason for disconnecting the internet is when you reboot (red button) it will try to load it from the internet and of course fail.

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

How long does it take? Mine’s been flashing white for about 10 minutes.
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

Probably 15-20 min

drmorley
MVM
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

Thanks. All done! Now I wait 24-48 hours....

Let’s hope this works.

Anon84c1b
@verizon.net

Anon84c1b to kinda pissed

Anon

to kinda pissed
It took a few weeks to start working? I recently upgraded to c61k and genie 2. It’s been 3 days now and no on demand. Prior to the upgrade I had hr-44 and had no on demand issues. Just trying to figure this out.

Anon09275
@verizon.net

Anon09275 to drmorley

Anon

to drmorley
Please let us know if this works for you. I’m having the same exact issue as you. I’ll givr it a shot tomorrow.
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp to drmorley

Premium Member

to drmorley
If you can. Try and make sure nothing is recording nor is anyone watching tv for a few hours. Will allow it to reboot on its own
wilbur_goose
join:2006-12-12
Chester Springs, PA

1 recommendation

wilbur_goose to drmorley

to drmorley
I had a tech come out today. He tried replacing the coax from the dish, installed a new DECA. Before that, I disconnected the old DECA and connected via wireless. Nothing is working.

Test shows internet connected with the highest speed possible.

Tech says they may need to replace the HS17-100. No way am I going to go for that.