spc
Search similar:

uniqs

amanbirdi
join:2001-12-02
Toronto, ON

amanbirdi

Problem with Rogers.......

Hi. Since Saturday my connection has been horrible. Whenever I'm downloading or uploading something, I start off fast then all of sudden it drops to zero, and then after a while it goes back up. Here's a line test.

»/quali ··· l/751224

I've never had this problem before.. Rogers has been pretty stable. I'm running Windows XP and I don't have a router. So if someone could help me, I'd really appreciate. Thanks.

green1074
Premium Member
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

green1074

Premium Member

You are experiencing severe packet loss at ure end. I don't think there is anything anyone can do, its up to you, to get on rogers' case, to get them to fix it.

amanbirdi
Toronto, ON

amanbirdi

Thanx for the reply.

green1074
Premium Member
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

green1074 to amanbirdi

Premium Member

to amanbirdi
NO prob, but just make sure to call rogers, and BUG THE $#!+ outta them, make sure they fix your problem.

Soden
join:2001-10-23
York, ON

Soden to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
It's nothing new. Rogers network is so full of bugs it's beyond repair. I imagine they'll work out the kinks within a year or two though.

Canadavey
join:2001-04-06
GTA

Canadavey to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
said by amanbirdi:
Whenever I'm downloading or uploading something, I start off fast then all of sudden it drops to zero, and then after a while it goes back up.
Sounds like it could be a signal problem coming into your house... Either that or the modem is starting to crap out. Either or, it's a trouble call.

train wreck
join:2002-01-26
Scarborough, ON

train wreck to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
rogers sucks

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit

Packet loss like that does happen. I had it on and off for a while but then it just stopped. I guess Rogers fixed it.

You should give them a call and ask them to check things out. Get em to check all the levels of your modem. Save your self some time and power cycle your modem before you call.

Steve

amanbirdi
Toronto, ON

amanbirdi

I called them up and there was a recorded message, it said that they were experiencing internet service interruptions in my area. I will give them a call again tomorrow if the service doesn't get any better. Thanx for all the replies.
Fila7
join:2002-04-29

Fila7

amanbirdi...I think that recorded message by Rogers means your neighbours have already bugged them about the problem.

train wreck
Scarborough, ON

train wreck to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
why is it that when you call rogers tech support, the recorded message asks you to enter your phone number to 'better direct your call', and after that you're connect to a tech support person who again asks you for your number.

amanbirdi
Toronto, ON

amanbirdi

Well when I called they didn't ask me for my phone number.
erikleung5
join:2002-03-30
Scarborough, ON

erikleung5 to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
Rogers support ask you 3 things,
1. Your name
2. Phone number
3. Area code

They ask me every time. Their number is
1-888-288-4663
Call them at midnight or early morning ,then you don't have to wait or transfer your call to the machine.
Because Rogers support is Toronto base.

train wreck
Scarborough, ON

train wreck to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
everytime i call they ask me for my phone# before i get connected to tech support, then the tech support ask me for my phone#, address, and postal code.

travisc
join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON

travisc

Many companies do this. Pretty much any automated system (at a credit card company, for isntance) will ask you for it and then the CSR seems to never have the information on hand.

Wait, Rogers sucks, so they must have invented the practise. They're responsible for the bubonic plague, too, the bastards.
RedEyz
join:2001-12-10
Ottawa, ON

RedEyz to amanbirdi

to amanbirdi
Actually, Rogers Support is both Toronto and Ottawa based. And I think Edmonton and Hamilton aswell, if I'm not mistaken.

amanbirdi
Toronto, ON

amanbirdi

It seems that Rogers has resolved the problem in my area. Here's a line test:

»/quali ··· l/752162

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate all the help.