Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

Good news :) there is hope with rogers! LOL

After months of complaining and tweaking, and complaining, and the occaisional mischevious activites. I have finally accomplished a very consistent speed, and its fast. lol. Taken at 5:35 pm EST time, it was fluctuating between 326, and 315, slowly but surely it stuck at 308. Cache was cleared, first time downloading that file. I am happy. I guess there is hope for everyone else. You just have to be talented in the art of getting what you want in other words...B^#&$&^$. . keep in mind, this wasnt a one hit wonder, it was months in the making. Thank you, Thank you ( takes a bow).
***PLEASE NOTE....I'VE HAD HIGHER SPEEDS, BUT NOW I AM TALKING ABOUT CONSISTENCY, THIS IS WHAT I AM GETTING ALL THE TIME****HINT HINT B34TBoX...LOL

sorry about caps, I forgot the caps were on, truly sorry, dont get mad, I am not shouting.

--
-In the game of broadband, sometimes you win some, sometimes you loose some-

[text was edited by author 2002-05-06 17:41:47]

[text was edited by author 2002-05-06 19:05:05]

[text was edited by author 2002-05-06 19:06:06]

[text was edited by author 2002-05-06 19:11:53]

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

What was the speed at the end? Thats what matters.

Take a cap of the final window

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

yeah the good thing about that is, that it didnt go down much, at the end it was like 298.
--

toronto20012
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Markham, ON
reply to elusion

I wish I got that kind of speed.....
--
The faster, the better!

RedEyz

join:2001-12-10
Ottawa, ON
reply to elusion

Same here - for some reason I can't seem to get over 150 now and it's really pissing me off.

A friend of mine who is on the same head end [SLNT - St. Laurent] just got a new Ericsson modem and says he's hitting upwards of 450 consistant now. I called Rogers to ask them about DOCSIS, when documentation will be coming out, can we buy our own modems, etc - he had no idea what I was talking about. I don't think he knew what DOCSIS was. useless.

Anyhow.. I asked him if I could swap my modem. I have a TeraPro. He said 'is there something wrong with it?' - I replied with a no. So he said, 'Then no.' I need to find a scheme to subtly 'break' my modem without being held liable and get me an Ericsson. =)

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

The hitch there is that all the people on your segment would have to have the same modems.

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to RedEyz

I need to find a scheme to subtly 'break' my modem without being held liable and get me an Ericsson. =)
liez... lol... dats the only way u get rogers to take care of their bad service... unless ur getting 300ms+ pings and download slower then like 500kbps/50kbps... thats pretty much what the techs actually care about... if ur service is worse then that then (maybe) they'll do something about it....

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

lol. those ericsson sound nice. 450 kilobytes with rogers? hmmm is that even possible. lol.
--

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

u never know green... since caps r comin in soon maybe they'll give us higher speeds... it could mean higher profits... lol

RedEyz

Ottawa, ON
reply to elusion

Actually I'm averaging around 500 to 750 which is total bull considering they quote 3000 kbit/s for the service.

And I don't feel like waiting around for the network team to do something about it when I can go to the Rogers office on St. Laurent and swap my modem tomorrow, and I bet you I'll get INSTANT speed increases.

RedEyz

Ottawa, ON
reply to elusion

I just did 3 more speed tests...

avg. 519/313 on all of them, roughly.

This is SAD.

Tarek__Khan

@cpe.net.cable.rogers
reply to elusion

you should be glad you're at least getting the advertised upstream. I'm barely getting 400/100 at peak times

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

oh i thought u meant 450kBps

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

My upload has boosted, thank God. 371 kilobits now. amazing?

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

hmm...interesting

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07
reply to elusion

That's called a cable boost, you get that when just starting to download a file, or in this example, a small file consisting of only 738KB.
--
"That Tommy Hilfiger pose, can't block my verbal flows." - Tachichi

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to elusion

hmmm thanks for the input, but i knew that. I just posted it so we can make it seem that rogers is great. LOL. anyways yah. I knew that wasnt my true speed.

these rogers commercial are getting on my nerves. " If I din have rogers Hi-speed internet, I would be a virtual school drop out". "Canada's most advanced digital network". Im sure.
--

OLDb34tBoX
Premium
join:2001-03-07

reply to elusion

Hmm..Intersting:)
[text was edited by author 2002-05-07 23:10:33]

RedEyz

Ottawa, ON
reply to elusion