From Canada Newswire:

Rogers Cable announces new "bundled" packages

LONDON, ON, May 9 /CNW/ - Rogers Cable Inc. today announced that it was
offering customers in Ontario six brand new "bundles," combining digital cable
and high-speed Internet access.
"These packages offer our customers by far the best value available in
the marketplace today," said John Tory, President and CEO of Rogers Cable,
"Customers can select from a number of combinations that provide them with the
kind of choice and flexibility they want, and at a value only Rogers offers.
For many customers, the value is that for as little as $16 more per month,
they can add digital programming or cable Internet."
The six packages include all regular cable channels, extra outlets,
packages of digital cable channels, as well as Rogers Hi-Speed Internet or
Rogers Hi-Speed Lite.

All bundles are available to Rogers' customers effective May 10, 2002,
and are based on customers owning a digital box.
In addition, Rogers also announced that it was offering customers the
option to purchase the digital terminal while retaining the rental option that
currently exists.
Rogers Cable Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rogers Communications
Inc. (TSE: RCI.A and RCI.B; NYSE: RG). It's fibre to the feeder network is one
of the most advanced in North America, delivering high quality entertainment,
information and communication services to 2.2 million customers in
Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland. Rogers' broadband network is more
than 85% two-way ready and is ideally suited for delivering interactive
products and services that require significant bandwidth, such as Rogers Hi-
Speed Internet, Rogers Digital Cable, Rogers Interactive Television and Rogers
Enhanced TV. As Canada's largest cable operator, the company also owns and
operates over 260 Rogers Video stores.

Additional information on Rogers is available at www.rogers.com

-30-
--
Bell HSE user by default...

jbcalg
Premium
join:2001-10-08
Calgary, AB

i know the new 'bundles of joy' aren't available until May 10th (tomorrow ) but - anyone find the details on their webpage - i couldn't

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

Click the Canada Newswire at the top. The details are there.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to DKS

Doesn't look like much of a deal to me ... there's still the digital set top box rental on top!

jbcalg
Premium
join:2001-10-08
Calgary, AB
reply to DKS

duhhhhh
silly me

thx

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:
Doesn't look like much of a deal to me ... there's still the digital set top box rental on top!
Or you can buy the box...
--

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

reply to DKS

So you buy the digital terminal, and pay for the channels still?
--
-In the game of broadband, sometimes you win some, sometimes you loose some-

[text was edited by author 2002-05-09 17:31:12]

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON

Yeah, but save $10.95/mo. on the rental.

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to DKS

Im going for the first bundle, saves me money.:)

LUDiKriZ

@rogers.com
reply to DKS

ROGERS HI-SPEED and DIGITAL CABLE DEAL******

There is a promotion currently being offered by ROGERS for their HI-Speed Internet and Digital Cable. It's a Friends and Family Deal, so like the ROGERS@HOme Deal they had before for $20 a month for 6 months, this is the best deal they will offer for a long time....You have a choice of 6 packages to choose from. You will need an employee Number and other information to be eligible. (at bottom)

*****THE AVERAGE HOME IS CURRENTLY PAYING ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT PER MONTH FOR A LOT LESS******

1. Basic Cable, Ultimate TV Pack, Extra Outlets, Digital Movies Pack, plus 10 Digital Specialty channels of the customer's choice, Timeshifting and Rogers Hi-Speed Internet.....$99.99

2. Basic Cable, Ultimate TV Pack, Extra Outlets, all Digital Specialty channels, Timeshifting and Rogers Hi-Speed Internet......$99.99

3. Basic Cable, Ultimate TV Pack, Extra Outlets, 1 Multicultural channel of the customer's choice and 10 Digital Specialty channels of the customer's choice, Timeshifting and Rogers Hi-Speed Internet......$99.99

4. Basic Cable, Ultimate TV Pack, Extra Outlets, Digital Movies Pack, plus 10 Digital Specialty channels of the customer's choice, Timeshifting and Rogers Hi-Speed Lite.....$79.99

5. Basic Cable, Ultimate TV Pack, Extra Outlets, all Digital Specialty channels, Timeshifting and Rogers Hi-Speed Internet......$79.99

6. Basic Cable, Ultimate TV Pack, Extra Outlets, 1 Multicultural channel of the customer's choice and 10 Digital Specialty channels of the customer's choice, Timeshifting and Rogers Hi-Speed Lite......$79.99

The difference between packages 1-3 and 4-6 is the Hi-Speed and Rogere Lite. It's the best deal that ROGERS will offer for this bundle as it is a Friends and Family thing. Hi-Speed Internet alone is $45 a month.

Additionally, you'll need to purchase a Digital Terminal and stay on the plan for 12 months. The Digital terminal is $129.99. If you're interested in DIGITAL CABLE and INTERNET this is the BEST deal you will find anywhere. Interactive TV is currently being offered, and Video On Demand will soon be rolled out.

*****THE AVERAGE HOME IS CURRENTLY PAYING ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT PER MONTH FOR A LOT LESS******

There is a noticeable improvement in picture quality and the available Specialty Channels give you a lot of variety. With the Digital Movie Pack, you get 4-5 TMN channels which play movies all day long. Timeshifting gives you the ability to watch shows you have missed by playing the shows from different time zones. I have all this and it's definitely worth it!!

Email me at verma2001@hotmail.com for more INFORMATION on registering for this offer.

Thanks.

Bunko Kanazawa
Bunko Country

join:2001-06-21
Canada
reply to elusion

Re: Rogers Announces New Prices, Bundles

It doesn't save my family that much. We get digital now and Internet access for a combined fee of $105 bucks. Does anyone know if the Chinese channel FAIRCHILD counts as the "Multicultural" channel in the BUNDLE 3. If it does, I think I have BUNDLE #3 right now.

I think my DIGITERM rental is waived right now tho.
--
AMD Athlon XP 1600+, Asus A7V266-E w/RAID, Thermaltake Volcano 7 HSF, 512 DDR Micron PC2100 RAM, Enermax 350W (Dual Fans) PSU, ATI Radeon 64 DDR VIVO Retail, Windows XP Pro Build 2600, Rogers.com Broadband Service w/ Netgear RT314 Router

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to LUDiKriZ

Re: ROGERS HI-SPEED and DIGITAL CABLE DEAL******

said by LUDiKriZ:
There is a promotion currently being offered by ROGERS for their HI-Speed Internet and Digital Cable. It's a Friends and Family Deal, so like the ROGERS@HOme Deal they had before for $20 a month for 6 months, this is the best deal they will offer for a long time....You have a choice of 6 packages to choose from. You will need an employee Number and other information to be eligible. (at bottom)

I have asked the forum moderator to discern whether this is a commercial solicitation or not.
--

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to DKS

Re: Rogers Announces New Prices, Bundles

It's not a family friend thing, anyone can get it, as long as they have a digital terminal.
--

toronto20012
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Markham, ON
reply to Bunko Kanazawa

The fairchild channel is not considered a multicultural channel because you get it with the basic cable and ultimate pak. The Multicultural channels are like the Asia tv and etc channel.
--
The faster, the better!

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to DKS

CFMT is Multicultural

So is playboy TV
--
•·.·´¯`·.·•MAU108•·.·´¯`·.·•

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Bah, digital cable is a ripoff. Thank god my illegal box is still working for close to a year now. and the quality? PFFFT. only the digital channels are good quality, and not all the time either... you see nasty mpeg squares a lot of times. the regular cable channels up to 85 or so are analog, and look crap. the boxes dont even offer component output! I'm glad i aint paying for it! Now if I could only h4x0r the box to give Internet thru the damn ethernet jack thats on it.... I could cancel the internet from rogers, hehehe....
--
Go Leafs Go! Die Sens Die!

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to DKS

Illegal box? That receives digital cable?

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to DKS

I know people who have digital cable for free, mostly because of the switch from shaw to rogers, the billing never came.
--