DKS

Rogers considers adding Pro speed package

URL Here

Note the download caps are hinted at...

POSTED AT 2:24 PM EDT Thursday, May 9

Rogers Cable bundles TV, Internet access

By JACK KAPICA
Globe and Mail Update

Rogers Cable has introduced new pricing structures that integrate its television and Internet services.

Three "bundles" of varying TV channels will be tied to high-speed Internet access, which reaches speeds up to 1.5 megabits per second (Mbps). Three other groupings of channels are tied to Rogers' slower 128-Mbps service, which the company calls "Hi-Speed Lite."

The new pricing structures will be offered to Rogers 2.2 million customers in Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland on Friday, May 10.

The new bundles are all based on the same kind of Internet access currently available to the company's almost half-million subscribers.

The company has confirmed it is still considering rolling out a third, super-high-speed Internet access option later this year. All three services — Rogers Lite, Rogers high-speed and the proposed Rogers Pro (as it is currently being called) — are also expected to have download limits similar to those placed on subscribers by Bell Sympatico earlier this week.

The three high-speed bundles will cost $99.99 a month. They include basic cable and the "Ultimate TV Pak," meaning 70 channels, outlets for extra TV sets in the home and time shifting, a feature that allows viewers to watch a specific TV show at the times it is offered in five Canadian time zones.

The bundles vary by including either a grouping of five movie networks, digital specialty channels or multicultural channels.

The same options are being made available for the Rogers Lite Internet access bundles, priced at $79.95.

Subscribers will be offered opportunities to add individual channels of their own choice. They may also buy their digital terminal, which is required to watch digital TV and connect to the Internet, instead of renting it. The terminal's price is $249, but will be sold with $10 of credit for 10 months of TV viewing (a $100 offer) for a cash payout of $149.

The new bundles are being offered "to give our customers more flexibility to design their own package of services," said Rogers vice-president of programming Michael Allen.

"What these bundles do is create a great opportunity to get all of our products at a very attractive price," he added.

"It's also a group of products only we can offer," he said in reference to competitive services that offer either Internet service or TV service alone.

"For many customers, the value is that for as little as $16 more per month, they can add digital programming or cable Internet," Rogers president and CEO John Tory said in making the announcement.

The six packages include all regular cable channels, extra outlets, packages of digital cable channels, as well as Rogers Hi-Speed Internet or Rogers Hi-Speed Lite.

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit

said by DKS:

Three "bundles" of varying TV channels will be tied to high-speed Internet access, which reaches speeds up to 1.5 megabits per second (Mbps). Three other groupings of channels are tied to Rogers' slower 128-Mbps service, which the company calls "Hi-Speed Lite."

LOL

If they are giving us DSDN lines I'm all for it. Hi-speed lite here I come.

Steve

green1074
Premium Member
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

green1074 to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
You are actually considering Rogers Lite Steve?

Edit: Or is it sarcasm?
[text was edited by author 2002-05-12 22:56:00]

Exit

join:2001-04-10
Canada

Exit to DKS

to DKS
See the bold part in the quote. 128Mbps. You do realize how fast that is rite? Its a error but funny none the less.

Steve

green1074
Premium Member
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

green1074 to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
LMAO, I wasn't paying attention. I did kinda notice I was like " 128 Mbps?, lite? :|". but then I kept on reading. lol. Thanks.