Premium Member
join:2002-05-01
Rockville, MD

Attila13 to JTRockville

Premium Member

to JTRockville

Re: Predatory Pricing in Montgomery County, MD

said by JTRockville:
I do call Starpower from time to time, just to see if they're gonna be passin me a pipe anytime soon. None of the conversations lead me to believe regulation was a roadblock. And none of the conversations lead me to believe they'd be rollin out to my 'hood anytime soon. Starpower's lack of capital for investment seems to be the key factor here.

So *technically* Comcast does does not have a monopoly for cable services in MCMD, but *realistically* for many of us, maybe even MOST of us, there is no choice.
I just tried their website and confirmed they're not available at my address. Do you know where they are available in Monkey County? Also, what kind of package are they offering? Yeah, yeah, I know it's premature.

-- Attila

JTRockville
Data Ho
Premium Member
join:2002-01-28
Rockville, MD

JTRockville

Premium Member

said by Attila13:
Do you know where they are available in Monkey County?
They've got a lil bit of Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silver Spring, and Gaithersburg. I was told by a sales rep that Starpower will reevaluate their expansion plans in 2003, but nothing is planned for MCMD in the meantime.

I think Starpower is disgusted with the free state.
Cable Firm Pulls Plug On Deal in Maryland Provider Won't Enter Pr. George's Because Of 'Unfair' Demands

Click here to see the status of Starpower's HSI net. It shows an outage in Bethesda from 04-29-2002 04:33:31 till 04-29-2002 14:00:29, with regular updates to the status posted in between.

SWEET