how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jackbean0

join:2002-03-21
Sharon Hill, PA

Email ID Question??????????????????

why is it that once someone deletes their ID, the change is permanent and cannot be returned and it will not be made available ever??....why cant Comcast change it back??? just wondering since it seems like not so hard of a request but im probably dead wrong!

jackbean0

Sharon Hill, PA
Thats a good question jackbean?? but im sorry and cant answer it for u

imeridian

join:2001-09-29
Chambersburg, PA

huh?

Multiple personality disorder now?

voicefactor

join:2002-03-15
Hudson, FL
reply to jackbean0

Re: Email ID Question??????????????????

I think it gets lost in server land, where it will frolick along with all the other happy usernames that have been abandoned.... ....awww poor little guys

draven
Ex-Mod 2004-10
join:2002-02-20
my bunker
reply to jackbean0
DING DING!

I believe jackbean just plain forgot to log in as 'joint4iverso' before making that post Busted!

As for the question, they don't get lost, they are kept for a time period before being re-released back into the system. At least that's the way it's always been.
--
Losing Credibility With Every Post!

Riot Pro Roller Hockey
Exclusive rock band interviews and more!

jackbean0

Sharon Hill, PA
reply to jackbean0
bleech
thats not i was told...i was told never so why is that the case????

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
·Home Telephone
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to draven
said by Blech:
DING DING!

I believe jackbean just plain forgot to log in as 'joint4iverso' before making that post Busted!

Not no more

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
reply to jackbean0
said by jackbean:
Thats a good question jackbean?? but im sorry and cant answer it for u
DuH!

draven
Ex-Mod 2004-10
join:2002-02-20
my bunker
reply to jackbean0
I still maintain that e-mail addresses should become available again. For example, AOL will place a username in limbo for 6 months after it is terminated. I'm sure this has to do with either making sure the person isn't just experiencing temporarily billing problems, or that if the person wants a username back, they can still retrieve it for up to 6 months.

I had to get my Comcast account rebuilt due to some error on their end, and the tech simply deleted my old account, and set all my addresses up on the new account in a matter of minutes, asking me for the exact spelling of all of the usernames. They worked within 10 minutes of hanging up the phone.
--
Losing Credibility With Every Post!

Riot Pro Roller Hockey
Exclusive rock band interviews and more!

jackbean0

Sharon Hill, PA
reply to jackbean0
yeah thats what is supposed to happened
i called and talked to tier 1 and they told me that they could not retrive my account if they deleted it because i wanted to change my primary

Bach
Premium
join:2002-02-16
Flint, MI
reply to jackbean0
Has Comcast confirmed a deleted ID is never returned to the free pool?

Under @Home (at I realize Comcast is NOT @Home), a deleted ID was held in reserve for 30 days, then became available for reassignment. A level 2 tech told me this. Would seem logical that Comcast might implement the same parameters, if we go out on a limb and assume that "logical" and "Comcast" belong in the same sentence.

jackbean0

Sharon Hill, PA
reply to jackbean0
romrat
when i called requesting changing primary account names to secondery they told me i could not do that and if i wanted to change the name i could no longer use that name even after 30 days?...they only told me i could change the name but the best they could do is add a number at the end of the name

SanguineLust

join:2001-07-25
Plainfield, NJ
said by jackbean:

they only told me i could change the name but the best they could do is add a number at the end of the name
Well obviously you have your answer. Even if it is a non-answer. Now maybe we can let Mr. Ed lie peacefully instead of flogging him to no end.