[request] So now we are addicts?

addicts?

Pness$
Betcha Can'T Eat Just One
Premium
join:2002-05-01
InsaneAsylum

Re: So now we are addicts?

That's a new one on me! Guess they are Broadband Junkies/Addicts?????
--
Is Life An Illusion? Try Proving Your Existence.

[text was edited by author 2002-05-13 00:00:28]

ShinyTop8
S T I
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Pensacola, FL
reply to mjf

I can't deny it.

Jnick
Need More Cowbell
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Salem, NH
reply to mjf

Makes sense......

Most Stars become some sort of addicts.

Axilla
Finger, Finger
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2004-13
join:2001-03-26
Schofield, WI
reply to mjf

*whew* im not and addict

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
reply to mjf

I noticed that yesterday. I think my wife and kids would agree!

ryang
Premium
join:2001-04-01
Chicago, IL
reply to mjf

Guilty as charged.

RamblingRam
N F C ........ West Champions
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Chesterfield, MO
reply to mjf

LOL -- Better to be a DSL addict verses a herione addict -- right? Ram

Pushycat

join:2002-03-21
Miami, FL

Hey wait a minute. I am a heroine addict. Can't get enough of them heroic women. But I'd never want to be a heroin addict.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

reply to mjf

Oh, c'mon. Whatever name you call us, we've all been addicts for a long time! That's why this has been on my "marked" page forever:

12 Steps of DSLR Revovery
Please forgive me for what I am about to post...having come to know and love these steps in other aspects of my life tried to adapt the here for a little fun. Hope to offend no one. Bill W would understand......

1.We admit we are powerless over DSLR---that our posting has become unmanageable.

2.Came to believe that a broadband greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3.Made a decision to turn our modem and our RWIN over to the care of DSLR as we understand it.

4.Made a searching and fearless inventory of our tweak test.

5.Admitted to God, Justin and 2KMARO the exact nature of our pings.

6.Were entirely ready to have Dr.TCP remove all these defects of Windows.

7.Humbly ask Justin to let us see LOSERS FORUM.

8.Make a list of all tweaks we have miset and become willing to keep a DSL diary.

9.Make direct amends to such settings wherever possible except when doing so would corrupt our registry or decrease our speed.

10.Continue to delete cookies and temp IE files and when we have enabled Active X promptly admit it.

11.Sought through posts and tweaks to improve our speed and lower our Ping asking only for DSLR knowledge and the power to carry us through another outage.

12.Having had a Broadband enlightening as a result of these steps, we try to carry this message to DSLRholics and to practice these principles in all our tweaking.

Annmarie
--

Trying to weasel out now and consider yourself anything but an addict is simply denial.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

[text was edited by author 2002-05-13 20:02:00]

MIABye
Premium
join:2001-10-28
united state
reply to mjf

Yes. Last night I caught myself pressing the reload button every 5 minutes when I was looking on my threads I participated in page, hoping to see a red envelope. I was like whoo....better go to sleep.
--
"Ever since I got high speed internet access I have been trying to speed everything up. Tomorrow I will work on making the microwave cook food in half the time. Next week, rocket fuel for my car."

slash
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-01
Boston
reply to mjf

I'm not up there, I must be beyond addict
--
-Slash | GO SOX!!!

Liontaur
Lets Get Boincing Already
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-06
join:2001-11-03
Salmon Arm, BC
reply to mjf

There are a lot of familiar "faces" there, go figure

Skipdawg
The Original
Premium,ExMod 2001-03
join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
reply to slash

LOL that is funny. Yea you addicts you :D:D
SlashDot14
Looks like we will have to make a new catagory fer ya.
--
Proud United States Navy Veteran.

slash
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-01
Boston

LOL, I can be an Addict on Speed!
--
-Slash | GO SOX!!!

mjf
" "
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA
kudos:2

DSLR Anonymous

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to mjf

I was SOOO hoping that i did not see the buck-toothed smiley up there.

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40
reply to mjf

I'm not an addict?

aw jeez!

MIABye
Premium
united state
reply to Jnick

said by jnick67a:
Makes sense......

Most Stars become some sort of addicts.
At first I was participating to gets stars. Now it's because it's so much fun. I am constantly finding threads I want to participate in, or I think of one to start. I will come on to the page and think "o this thread looks neat" or "This sample from my threads fortune looks good" or "Wonder what threads this guy jumped in today"

Some people have a routine of coming home and reading the paper. Mine is to read DSLR Strange as it sounds, this is the only news group I found interesting. I am a subscriber to ign.com and they have a messages board, but it just doesn't look as interesting...
--
"Ever since I got high speed internet access I have been trying to speed everything up. Tomorrow I will work on making the microwave cook food in half the time. Next week, rocket fuel for my car."

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI
reply to mjf

Depends on how many posts you have. The one with the most is first, and tschmidt has 2699 and is last. Moderators aren't on there anymore.

Jaime
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to mjf

I am NOT an addict, this is a casual thing I do. I can leave any time I want . **goes back to posting and lurking many threads**
--
CLICK HERE FOR COUNTER STRIKE HACKS

MIABye
Premium
united state

said by The skrote:
I am NOT an addict, this is a casual thing I do. I can leave any time I want . **goes back to posting and lurking many threads**

LOL
--

PK39
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Center Line, MI
reply to redxii

said by RedXII1234:
Depends on how many posts you have. The one with the most is first, and tschmidt has 2699 and is last. Moderators aren't on there anymore.
It's not just posts, other things must be involved!

Addict? Is it that obvious? I guess anonymity isn't coveted around here
--
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."-Steve Wozniak Fold for a Cure!

samburgers
Premium
join:2001-05-23
Vancouver, BC
reply to mjf

This place just sucks you in...if you know what I mean...

PapaDos
Cum Grano Salis
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-08
Lasalle, QC
kudos:3

Z-X is not an addict ?

MIABye
Premium
united state

reply to samburgers

LOL!!! Samburgers..

I read your post too fast and I thought you typed, this place just sucks....if you know what I mean...had to re-read cause I was in shock. I need to slooowwww dooowwwnnn when I read.
--
"No Pudding!!! You done made me mad now! Someone better get me pudding before I tear this whole thread apart!"

[text was edited by author 2002-05-14 21:36:40]

BUSHMAN8
Platinum

join:2001-06-17
New York, NY
reply to mjf

If someone is an addict, it's certainly better being a DSLR addict than a drug or liquor addict!! I don't think anyone is an addict, I think that's a little extreme.
Sometimes we seek info, other times we just want to relax or vent and other times we have nothing better to do. But I doubt people would be addicted to this.