Politically Incorrect
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Liberal Hell

HaYwIrE2 to MeeToo7

Premium Member

to MeeToo7

Re: NAV Intelligent Updater--5/13/02

All right, I got it, installed it and don't know what the hell happened. Did it install new definitions? I guess I misunderstood.

How does it run every day? Manually run the same app? I'm totally lost here. I guess I thought it would make my automatic LiveUpdate run every day. Is that what it does?

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe

MVM

said by Sir Lancelot:
All right, I got it, installed it and don't know what the hell happened. Did it install new definitions? I guess I misunderstood.

How does it run every day? Manually run the same app? I'm totally lost here. I guess I thought it would make my automatic LiveUpdate run every day. Is that what it does?

The Automatic Intelligent Update batch file basically is the equivalent of going to the symantec site each day and downloading and running that day's Intelligent Update file. I personally run the batch file manually (created a link to it in my quick launch bar) whenever I see a post here saying new definitions are out, but you could also set it up through task scheduler to run automatically

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
Ardmore, PA

MeeToo7 to HaYwIrE2

Premium Member

to HaYwIrE2
Right Sir Lancelot, what Zupe said.

I myself made the habit of clicking on the Intelligent.bat file I made, every night after dinner when I can, whether someone posted that there's an update or not. So far I found that there's an update everyday.