Scarborough, ON
reply to TheMatrix

Re: Switching to Hi-Speed Lite Service fee - confirmed

that pamphlet was probably old.

pctechguy2

join:2001-10-07
Mississauga, ON
reply to TheMatrix
I got it right from the horses mouth.....I called Rogers to go on the #1 bundle and thought I'd see. As I see it if we go to the light speed from high speed we are penalized for the change but when you get inet at light speed right off there isnt an admin charge. I dont think this is a way to treat loyal customers. You'd figure that the amount of bandwidth they are saving by trying to get ppl to switch would be enough incentive for a free switch.
Just my 2 cents for what its worth......

Hunger

@cpe.net.cable.rogers
reply to elusion
I do not get charged for my modem and I have high speed (had it for about 2+ years now)

VIP 44.34
High speed 44.95
VIP Disc 4.50
modem 0.00
(usually 15.05)
Gst 3.55
PST 5.94
Total 94.28

I want to switch to the new bundle with the lite option by my calcs will be

Bundle Lite 79.99
Rental 8.99
Total 88.98
Plus Taxes 102.32

so for $8 I get digital channels plus normal channels I get capped at 128bit for my cable mode but I live on a busy street and when the guy up the road is downloading (don't ya just love the lack of privacy we have on these lines) 128 is about all I ever get anyway.

Peter
»www.againsthunger.org

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to TheMatrix
The modem charge is included in the 44.95, or because of your VIP benefits. Also did you calculate the digital terminal rental, from what I remember it's not 8.99, isn't it 9.50?

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to TheMatrix
I just got a rogers pamflit in my bill
it says modem rental for a limited time
that was for lite
ill post a pic 2morrow
--
Thanks for a Great Season Leafs!Avalanche are out too! Go Canes Go!

datac8
Rogerstech

join:2002-06-08
Toronto, ON
reply to TheMatrix
well i think the days of dial up AND unlimited bandwidth usage are both to become extinct over the next few years. bandwidth is a real expense, the more you use, the more it costs....someone. therefore the pricing needs to reflect that fact. dial up is just too damn slow, no need to explain that !

dc.

tymex

join:2002-06-10
canada
said by datac:
the more you use, the more it costs....someone.
No dispute, but how come the less you use, you still pay the same?

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
said by tymex:
No dispute, but how come the less you use, you still pay the same?
i'd like to see a 3 meg connection for something like $28/month for access and modem, then $1.50/gig of usage..limited customer service, no tech support, that way, for someone like me who would only use around 5-7 gigs/month, i would only pay around $35/month, and the people who want 30 gigs a month usage, would only be paying around $70/month. i don't know if would be a very successful business model though.
--
PIII 900 MHz, 328 MB RAM, GeForce GTS II Ultra 64 MB DDR Video Card, Sympatico HSE