how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kabdel

join:2002-02-07
Canada

This is amazing?

After about 4 month of a maximum speed of 1200 kbps and a speeds of 800 kbps i began to get fed up... I tried every single tweak possible... I then thought it had to be my router... All i did was remove the wire from my router that connects to the modem... Blow on it, and put it back into the modem... And bang... Now when its all fixed rogers has a cap coming ...

2002-05-15 00:26:11 EST: 2690 / 367
Your download speed : 2690808 bps, or 2690 kbps.
A 328.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 367647 bps, or 367 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

every one will have caps...don't be mad..just be happy that your service works
--
Better. Faster. First.

Kabdel

Canada
reply to Kabdel

My speed then went back to 1200... So i unplugged the modem completely... And blew in it again... And it bumped back upto 2500 kbps...

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

you should recommend that trick to some of the other people posting in the speed test forum
--
Better. Faster. First.

Kabdel

Canada
reply to Kabdel

good idea

Uriel3

join:2001-11-26
reply to dirtyjeffer

What's really "amazing" is the audacity and complacency of it all! The day my Roger's Lite gets capped at 1GB and then to be billed extra to download ads and email attachments for which I have no control is the day I go back to 'Unlimited' Dial-Up for $11.99 USD (No Taxes & No Software). I and many like me are sick and tired of always paying a lot more for a lot less. It's time for the buyers and users to start controlling the marketplace and not the other way around.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Kabdel

the hi speed market in canada was started by rogers...the @home service was rolled out around 1995 and was $39.95/month for blistering fast, unlimited high speed internet-or you could get boring old dial-up for $20-$25/month...so in essence, if the original business model wasn't so good and tempting (and evidently under-priced), then the competition's offerings wouldn't have been the same price and features. if hi speed internet was capped and the price was higher initially, then we wouldn't be having these complaints now..for example, if rogers hi speed internet was 1.5M/128k for $49.95/month and allowed 6 gigs of bandwidth usage-people still would have been very happy to get it, as it is still 30 times faster than dial-up and only twice the price, but because they offered insane speeds for a low price, not only did they ruin the pricing structure for everyone (and everyone is now mad at the ISP's-when it isn't really all their fault), but they massively oversubscribed their network and lost a lot of their customers to the competition..rogers had a really good chance of doing something great and wonderful with internet access in canada, and they screwed it up huge.
--
Better. Faster. First.

flipper5

join:2000-09-29
ON
reply to Kabdel

In response to Kabdel

My speed then went back to 1200... So i unplugged the modem completely... And blew in it again... And it bumped back upto 2500 kbps...

I hope their Tech suport don't read this. It will be their first course of action when anyone calls for help.

LOL