All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

skillton
join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

skillton to elva lover

to elva lover

Re: After 5pm EST anyday = Super Ping Spikes...

elva lover
i live @ kennedy and sheppard... actually like 3 streets north of sheppard and i got Sympatico... i get 800kbps/100kbps speeds... my downloads are always 100KB/sec
i used to have rogers not 2 long ago... now i think i'm going back cuz the're gonna have docsis modems in my area soon

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

why would you want to get rid of a reliable fast service, for a service than MAY be potentially faster, but constantly riddled with outages and fluctuating performance.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to skillton

Premium Member

to skillton
said by skillton:
elva lover
i live @ kennedy and sheppard... actually like 3 streets north of sheppard and i got Sympatico... i get 800kbps/100kbps speeds... my downloads are always 100KB/sec
i used to have rogers not 2 long ago... now i think i'm going back cuz the're gonna have docsis modems in my area soon
You're reading this forum and you're still considering Rogers? Just b/c they have new modems? Well, whatever turns your crank I guess.

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton

my rogers service never had connection problems... i never really lagged or got any packet loss... i just left rogers cuz the pings were high and the uploads were slow most times... my pings were like 70ms to the 1st hop @ peak hours... but with the docsis modem thats all fixed... for now at least... if rogers goes bad again i'm gonna get some other dsl isp... plus i want some digital cable too

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by skillton:
... plus i want some digital cable too
digital cable is a farse...if you want digital, you HAVE to go satellite.
rixor
join:2002-05-11
Scarborough, ON

rixor to skillton

to skillton
said by skillton:
my rogers service never had connection problems... i never really lagged or got any packet loss... i just left rogers cuz the pings were high and the uploads were slow most times... my pings were like 70ms to the 1st hop @ peak hours... but with the docsis modem thats all fixed... for now at least... if rogers goes bad again i'm gonna get some other dsl isp... plus i want some digital cable too
My pings to first hop at peak hours is 200ms+. Sigh...

skillton
Scarborough, ON

skillton to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
what u mean its farse?

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

He meant Rogers Digital Cable is a farce. You get a few channels broadcast in digital format and you pay a very premium price. When you compare it to Bell ExpressVu which gives you digital on every channel, and is less expensive than cable with more channels, Rogers Digital Cable is a joke.