spc
uniqs
BRinger3583
join:2002-03-13
Martinsburg, WV

BRinger3583 to gAmEoVr

to gAmEoVr

Re: WV Sound off

Just moved to the Adelphia 3Mbit/128k network in Martinsburg from 512k GSCyclone. Long time coming, but loving it.

»/speed ··· 520086/1
gAmEoVr
join:2002-02-10
Morgantown, WV

gAmEoVr

Trust me give it time and you'll be singing the broadband blues with the other 90 percent of adelphia's customers or evern worse stock holders.

poiwv
join:2002-06-07
Belington, WV

poiwv

Yeah, well, here in Barbour county we are still stuck in dial-up land.

williamray507
No More Mr Nice Guy
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Huntington, WV

williamray507

Premium Member

Huntington WV here with 768/128 Verizon DSL

tekguy1
Go Mountaineers
join:2002-07-28
Charmco, WV

tekguy1

Lewisburg/Rainell area. Charter pipeline 512/128 speeds...so-so

TangleEyes5
join:2002-03-29
Akron, OH

TangleEyes5

Parkersburg here. Charter 512/128 little worse than so-so. Could be greatly inproved upon.

docnsane
join:2002-01-20
Saint Albans, WV

docnsane

St. Albans here... Crusin' With Verizon.net. Very happy with the speed and the service.

Bada Bing
WVU Mountaineers
Premium Member
join:2001-05-29
Fort Gay, WV

Bada Bing

Premium Member

Just an update here on Charters speed mine went to 768/128 in Jan 2002 and in Jun 2002 it went to 1500/128.
dsless
join:2001-05-16
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless to docnsane

to docnsane
I live in POCA and Adelphia doesn't even have digital cable sooo no PowerStink for me. No DSLAM in the Nitro CO, so no dsl. All I have is an ISDN line from Poca through Nitro to St Albans to the DS1/3 there. Service is ok but only 128/128.

ediblet1
Premium Member
join:2001-01-01
Nitro, WV

ediblet1

Premium Member

Hang in there dsless. Bell Atlantic is installing DSL equipment in Nitro right now. No turn up date yet. Also new fiber back to host in St. Albans.
dsless
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

Thanks for the info. But I live up a Scarlet Oaks and I think I may be to far. But I can always hope. Rather have dsl than Adelphia anyday. My ISDN line really works well most of the time, great for Fighter Ace in VR1 and to VPN to work!

ediblet1
Premium Member
Nitro, WV

ediblet1

Premium Member

Yep, I think Scarlet Oaks would be way out of limits. My self I'm sitting at 9K'. Down by Locke St.

Cineflan
join:2001-12-05
Huntington, WV

Cineflan to dsless

to dsless
Huntington here. Using Adelphia PowerLink, and generally get anywhere between 1.5 and 3Mbps. My only complaint is that uploading is securely throttled at 128k. Well, that and the fact that their Usenet feed sucks and their mail server often goes down for several hours PER DAY, and when it does the messages bounce with "user doesn't exist" errors.
dsless
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

I am from Huntington originally and lived on east pea ridge. Could get DSL or Adelphia. Adelphia was just finishing their upgrade when I moved. I now have Adelphia of Red House, and we just got Digital Cable (after almost 5 years). No official word yet on PowerLink for are area. The Nitro CO now has a DSLAM unit installed(pretty sure). But I am 2 far for DSL.

ediblet1
Premium Member
Nitro, WV

ediblet1

Premium Member

It's in Nitro now and they are offering service. A bit pricey as compared to Charter though.
dsless
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

Any chance of them putting a remote CO up my toward Poca? I will not hold out hopes for Adelphia. They couldn't find K in keyboard.......... Thanks, Rob.

ediblet1
Premium Member
Nitro, WV

ediblet1

Premium Member

No new offices planned and they don't seem to like the idea of remote DSLAMS.
dsless
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

said by ediblet1:
No new offices planned and they don't seem to like the idea of remote DSLAMS.

Who could I talk to about the possibility of this? How about a G.Lite services?
Thank, Rob.

Marilla9
I Am My Own Arbiter
Premium Member
join:2002-12-06
Belpre, OH

Marilla9

Premium Member

Vienna, WV here (near Parkersburg) and just switched about two months ago to Verizon DSL, which I love. We finally had to dump Charter Pipeline due to network and local-office support troubles lasting, oh, a year. DSL's working wonderfully so far.