dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to SomeGuy4

Premium Member

to SomeGuy4

Re: Are you in OTTAWA ? I Found The Solution !!!

thats only $5/month cheaper than rogers or bell..and the hassle of getting money from everyone every month doesn't sound very practical..bell is soon going to allow you to use your own modem, so you can pay the $34.95/month price.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

said by dirtyjeffer:
bell is soon going to allow you to use your own modem, so you can pay the $34.95/month price.

What do you know? Tell us.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by shaner:
said by dirtyjeffer:
bell is soon going to allow you to use your own modem, so you can pay the $34.95/month price.

there was a recent ad out with dell computers that had in internal modem and if you purchased this computer, you would get 3 free months of sympatico DSL and after you save the $10 modem rental charge because it's in your computer, so i would assume (don't say it, even though i know you want to) that they are contemplating ditching the required modem part-sometime-not necessarily in the next few months or anything.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Yeah. I'm the guy who posted that ad in the first place. But, I think it's a special deal with Dell. What better time to get people hooked up than when they buy their computer. It does look promising for the modem rental haters out there, but with all the changes happening right now, I wouldn't hold my breath. I just thought you knew something new that you weren't telling me. (yeah right);)

WallyThacker
The Central Scrutinizer
join:2002-02-12
Canada

WallyThacker to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer:
..bell is soon going to allow you to use your own modem, so you can pay the $34.95/month price.

It would be a positive step in the right direction. IF they implement it sooner rather than later.

[text was edited by author 2002-05-20 01:11:03]

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
said by shaner:
said by dirtyjeffer:

i also found this in their terms of service:

Question: Can I buy the DSL high speed modem, instead of renting it, and therefore avoid its monthly rental charge?

Answer: The Bell Sympatico High Speed Edition service is the first of our consumer services for high speed access to the Internet. We expect that our service will be evolving rapidly, as will the technology making it possible. We feel that it is premature, at this point, to ask our customers to invest in an expensive piece of equipment.

Once the service has evolved into a more mature state, we will review the different options available to subscribers.