4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to MeeToo7

MVM

to MeeToo7

Re: IU Batch File Instructions Tweaking Thread

Well, drat as far as no update for today. I didn't even look. As far as working without the range, no, it didn't work! So, we now know exactly, for others following in my footsteps, what to do in a case such as this. Weird, I must say, but now I have to figure out the next steps to add it to my Task Scheduler. I think I'll give it a day or 2 before doing that though.

neill
join:2000-11-15
Irvington, NY

neill

Bear in mind that the latest definitions date might not appear on the NAV gui until you next run LU.

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
Ardmore, PA

MeeToo7 to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
said by jaykaykay:
As far as working without the range, no, it didn't work! So, we now know exactly, for others following in my footsteps, what to do in a case such as this. Weird, I must say,
Yes, TOO weird. We should really try to figure out why both my WinME and Win98, both with ZAF on, don't need IP entered on local zone, but yours does. It's a knot left untied that bothers me.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
USA

jaykaykay to neill

MVM

to neill
said by neill:
Bear in mind that the latest definitions date might not appear on the NAV gui until you next run LU.
Aha! Well, that runs daily in the early PM, so if there is an update tomorrow or the next day, I shall find out what happens. How, if LU has to be run, does one know if the .bat file d/l even took place might I ask?

ylen131
join:2000-02-09
Canoga Park, CA

ylen131

well if are running it automatically the scheduled tasks should show u if it runned or not.

neill
join:2000-11-15
Irvington, NY

neill to jaykaykay

to jaykaykay
When I ran LU, the screen said that no new updates were required, but when I closed it, the new definitions date appeared.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

said by neill:
When I ran LU, the screen said that no new updates were required, but when I closed it, the new definitions date appeared.
So in order to know if the .bat file worked, one must run LU? That doesn't make sense to me. I believe you, but it still doesn't make sense.

MeeToo7
You Too?
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
Ardmore, PA

MeeToo7

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:
said by neill:
So in order to know if the .bat file worked, one must run LU? That doesn't make sense to me. I believe you, but it still doesn't make sense.

You don't have to "run" LU, you just need to bring up the NAV window, where it shows the ref dates. On my system, when I run the ftp .bat file and there's a new update, I open the NAV window, and it shows the new date. I believe it pulls the new date from the downloaded file. LU doesn't actually make a connection to the internet.

Randy Bell
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Santa Clara, CA

Randy Bell to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
jaykaykay, as I said in my IM to you, I downloaded and installed the intelligent update today, and my virus definitions remained at 5/15/02, so what you've experienced is normal/correct. I checked my VirusDefs folder, and it's the same as it was after LiveUpdate ran yesterday -- the definitions haven't changed. This is for anyone else's information too.