uniqs
share rss forum feed

rAfChOw
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Toronto, ON

Rogers is spamming my email!!!

Dear Rogers Hi-Speed Internet customer,

It is our goal at Rogers Hi-Speed Internet to provide you with the best Internet experience possible. In our minds, this goes beyond simply providing a great online service. In fact, it extends to providing you with other perks. This means special deals on merchandise and access to exclusive on-line offers - all this for being a valued Rogers Hi-Speed Internet customer.

With this in mind, Rogers Hi-Speed Internet has teamed up with Photolab to provide you this great offer. If you have a digital camera, you can turn your digital images into actual prints. It's fast, easy and affordable. Order today and save 20% - that's only $0.39 for each 4x6 print.

All you need to do is to access the convenient and easy to use uploading and ordering system. You can choose from a wide selection of prints and photo gifts for yourself or for family and friends. Plus, as an added benefit, we will ship your order to anywhere in Canada absolutely free!

Click here to visit our unique Hi-Speed content site for your Perk!

Thanks for being a Rogers Hi-Speed Internet Customer.

Brad Munro
Vice President & General Manager
Rogers Hi-Speed Internet

I can't believe this.

"In fact, it extends to providing you with other perks." Rogers is now using our emails for more profit.

"This means special deals on merchandise and access to exclusive on-line offers - all this for being a valued Rogers Hi-Speed Internet customer." And they're trying to make us feel special!

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

hehehe..just another reason to hate them.
--
Better. Faster. First.

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to rAfChOw

u have to call em and tell em to not use ur info for this shit... it says in their aup EUA that they can give out ur info to their "partners"

rAfChOw
Premium
join:2001-03-19
Toronto, ON

said by skillton:
u have to call em and tell em to not use ur info for this shit... it says in their aup EUA that they can give out ur info to their "partners"
Funny thing is Roger's "partners" didn't send me this email, Rogers themselves sent it to me!

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

Sympatico has a newsletter with a similar deals in it. But, you can opt-out of it. I'm pretty sure you can unsubscribe from this e-mail mailing list.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by shaner:
I'm pretty sure you can unsubscribe from this e-mail mailing list.
you sure can..by signing up with sympatico HSE ....
--
Better. Faster. First.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by dirtyjeffer:
said by shaner:
I'm pretty sure you can unsubscribe from this e-mail mailing list.
you sure can..by signing up with sympatico HSE ....

Yeah sure, you'd have to be super retarded to sign up for sympatico now with the bit caps if you're already on Rogers which hasnt announced anything yet. Im sticking with Rogers for as long as they're unlimited, and depending on what caps they do impose.
--
Go Leafs Go! Die Sens Die! -- Already Dead!

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to rAfChOw

I got that email also...I was surprised, why would they them selves send you junk.
--
-In the game of broadband, sometimes you win some, sometimes you loose some-

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:
Yeah sure, you'd have to be super retarded to sign up for sympatico now with the bit caps if you're already on Rogers which hasnt announced anything yet. Im sticking with Rogers for as long as they're unlimited, and depending on what caps they do impose.

i was just kidding with you guys..but it really depends on how you use the internet...honestly, i have been monitoring my bandwidth and the cap won't affect me, however i do agree it should be higher..i thought 10 gigs any way you want would have been more reasonable (example 8 down/2 up, 9 down/1 up).
--
Better. Faster. First.